Global Korea Scholarship is currently open for Exchange students. Global KoreaScholarship (GKS) is a fully funded scholarship for exchange students. It is provided for masters and undergraduate studies. The scholarship covers living cost, settlement allowance, flight fare and medical insurance.
SNU ISI offers an exceptional opportunity for students to experience academic life at Seoul National University, Korea’s most prestigious university and one of the leading universities in the world.
Deadline: September / March (Anually)
Institution(s): SNUs partner universities
Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
Study in: South Korea
College of Humanities
- Korean Language and Literature
- Language and Literature
- And others
College of Social Sciences
- Political Science and International Relations
- Political Science
- International Relations
- And others
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
- Biological Sciences
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Plant Science
- Forest Sciences
- Food and Animal Biotechnology
- Applied Biology and Chemistry
- And others
College of Business Administration
College of Education
- Korean Language Education
- English Education
- German Language Education
- And others
College of Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- And others
College of Fine Arts
- Oriental Painting
- Crafts and Design
College of Liberal Studies
College of Human Ecology
- Consumer and Child Studies
- Food and Nutrition
- Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design
College of Music
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Korean Music
College of Nursing
College of Pharmacy
- Manufacturing Pharmacy
College of Veterinary Medicine
- Preliminary Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Medicine
Interdisciplinary Programs for Undergraduates
- Computational Sciences
- Global Environmental Management
- Information Science and Culture Studies
- And others
For more information, click here.
- COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is restrained to students who are presently majoring in business or economics at their home institution.
- Candidates who apply for the KOREAN HISTORY/ PSYCHOLOGY/ STATISTICS MAJOR must provide evidence of Korean language capability. A suitable level of Korean language ability should be either (1) Level 5 or above of official Korean Language Proficiency Test or (2) Level 5 or above of the Korean Test conducted at the SNU Language Institute.
- COLLEGE OF LAW is close to undergraduate level students from Spring 2018.
- School of Law, a particular law school for graduate-level scholars, will be accessible to undergraduate level students from Fall 2018. Please know that these undergraduate scholars will be enrolled as graduate (Master’s) students in SNU law school during their study.
Candidates who want to study in the field of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Music, and MBA should, in advance, be advised of the eligibility by SNU coordinators.
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE is no longer accessible to exchange students.
- COLLEGE OF DENTISTRY is open only to masters level scholars presently enrolled in a master program at School of Dentistry or equivalent at their home institution. The student exchange program is NOT accessible at the undergraduate level for the College of Dentistry.
- VOCAL MUSIC MAJOR is limited to scholars who are presently studying vocal music at their home university.
Four months or ten months (subject to student’s exchange period)
Benefits of Global Korea Scholarship
Global Korea Scholarship provides the recipient with below benefits:
- Living Expenses: 500,000 won per month.
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 wonupon arrival.
- Round-trip Flight fare: Reimbursement available within the set amount.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 won monthly (paid by each university).
Eligibility for Global Korea Scholarship
To qualify for Global Korea Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Candidates must presently be enrolled in at least second semester of the home university program (= have completed at least one semester before they apply)
We will not thus accept graduate students who are enrolled in the first semester of the Master’s program at their application phase.
- Candidates must meet the following GPA requirement. (from Fall 2020’s admission)
- Undergraduate: GPA 2.5/4.0 (equal to 2.7/4.3) or percentile rank 83
- Masters: GPA 3.0/4.0 (equivalent to 3.3/4.3) or percentile rank 89
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Global Korea Scholarship.
- Applicants must be nominated by their universities and application package should be sent by the university by e-mail, along with a formal nomination letter for the GKS scholarship.
- The nominated students will receive detailed information on how to log in and apply online by the designated SNU coordinator.
- Apply to the exchange program through the On-line Application Form, fill in the application, and upload the scanned copies of the documents below to the application system:
- A Certificate of Enrollment from the present university you are enrolled.
- Official University Transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the present university.
- A Statement of Purpose in a free essay format in English or Korean.
- A Copy of Applicant’s Passport.
- For Fine Arts, Music, and Physical Education applicants: Photographs of works/recording of performances
For more information of the exchange program, click here.
- Submit the application. IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Exchange program applicants can finish the application by online submission.
- Entire documents should be submitted and posted in original or certified as an official copy, and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have your document interpreted in Korean or in English and have established and sealed by an authorized body.
To inquire further about Global Korea Scholarship, please visit Official Website.