Punch Newspaper is regarded as Nigeria’s most widely read Newspaper. This article contains vacancy positions in this reputable company.
About Punch Newspaper
The Punch newspaper was founded by two friends, James Aboderin, an accountant, and Sam Amuka, a columnist and editor at the Daily Times of Nigeria. Amuka became the first editor of the Sunday Punch. In November 1976, a few years after the first print of its Sunday edition, the duo started printing their trademark daily newspaper. Both editions were designed to favour a friendlier apolitical approach to news reporting, combining footage of social events with everyday political news. The paper sustains itself by delving into broad issues that interest myriad people.
Punch Nigeria Limited was registered on August 8, 1970, under the Companies Act of 1968 to engage in the business of publishing newspapers, magazines and other periodicals of public interest. It was designed to perform the tripartite functions of the popular mass media: informing, educating and entertaining Nigerians and the world at large. In 1971, the company made its debut with the publication of HAPPY HOME, a glossy family-oriented magazine. Its first editor was Bunmi Sofola.
On Sunday, March 18, 1973, its first weekly newspaper, Sunday PUNCH, hit the newsstands. Editor was Ajibade Fashina-Thomas.
For two consecutive years – 1998 and 1999 – the research and marketing services (RMS) Lagos, published independent surveys in which PUNCH was rated as the most widely – read newspaper.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build & maintain cross-platform applications for Android, iOS and PWA.
- Consume services and APIs like Firebase, Serverless services, and others.
- Fixing bugs and performance problems
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
Qualifications and Skills required
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Knowledge of Flutter, React Native.
- Translation of designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code.
- Good knowledge of multiple operating platforms in the existing domain.
- Good knowledge of cybersecurity.
Beneficial but not required:
- Fluency with Java and/or swift.
Very attractive but negotiable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
Human Resources Department,
KM 14, Lagos Ibadan Expressway
Magboro, Ogun State
E-mail it to: [email protected]
Only qualified candidates should apply
When is Punch Newspaper recruitment closing date?
The Closing date is March 2, 2020