Good news! Mastercard Arizona State University Scholars Program is currently open. In conjunction with the Mastercard Foundation, Arizona State University will offer graduate scholarship awards to train 25 Mastercard Foundation alumni at the Master’s level for numerous programs over the next 5 years (2021 – 2025).
Application Closing date: 19th October 2020 16:00GMT (9:00AM AZ time)
Mastercard Arizona State University Scholars Program: Mastercard Arizona State University Scholars Programis situated within EdPlus, a central enterprise unit for ASU, focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to improve student victory and reduce obstacles to success in higher education.
This is a completely immersive and traditional on-campus 2-year Master’s program with attention on training EdTech experts for Africa. When classes are in session, students will work part-time with the Baobab team to get hands-on experience which has effects on the strategic objectives of the Baobab Platform. The Baobab Platform entails of the putting into practice of an online learning community that serves beyond 8,000 users and is increasing to support 100,000 young Africans worldwide over the next five years. Between the first and second year, students will be helped to partake in a 2-month Africa-based internship that goes with their program of study.
Qualified Field(s): Scholarship awards are accessible to the following full time, on-campus graduate programs:
- User Experience, MS
- Graphic Information Technology, MS
- Computer Science, MS
- Information Technology, MS
- Software Engineering, MS
- Learning Sciences, MS
- Digital Culture, MA
Eligibility for Mastercard Arizona State University Scholars Program
Candidates must want to apply for one of our suitable programs itemized above.
- Candidates have to be eligible academically for admission to the degree of their choice that comprises a high level of English proficiency.
- Candidates have to be nationals of an African nation.
- Candidates have to be an alumni of a Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program prior to July 2021 (*Please refer to the application question: “Please pick the institution where you finished from as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar” for the complete list of worthy Scholars Program institutions).
- Candidates must be within the age range of 18 to 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Candidates have to show a track record of leadership and service in their community.
- Candidates have to have studied or propose to take up other graduate study before August 2021.
- Candidates have to be able to reside in Phoenix, Arizona for the period of the program.
Number of Awards: 5
Five Scholarship awards are accessible for students admitted for the 2021/2022 academic year, which will cover the complete tuition fees, expenses for housing, and comprehensive assistance for the 2-year graduate program. On top of monetary support, Scholars will partake in activities as part of the wider Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Arizona State University, as well as leadership curriculum, individual mentorship, and other occasions and programming.
A strong expectation of the Scholars Program is that participants return to their home countries to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth. Women, refugees and displaced persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits of Mastercard Arizona State University Scholars Program
Mastercard Arizona State University Scholars Programwill cover the following:
- Costs incurred for visa application processing
- Costs incurred for English language tests
- Expenses of GRE or other equivalent exams
- Airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona
- Full tuition, books and fees
- Participation in Scholarship programming
Scholarship awards are tenable for the period of the graduate program of study, and at the end of the award, applicants will be expected to return to Africa.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply for Mastercard Arizona State University Scholars Program
It is imperative to check through the application procedures and FAQ before applying for this Award. Apply through Program Webpage Link below:
Visit Program Webpage for Details on Mastercard Arizona State University Scholars Program