Good news! Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRI is currently open. Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRI is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRI is offered for postdoctoral research studies. This scholarship provides up to $59,000 per annum.
In major universities and study centers around the globe, the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program promotes skilled youthful researchers who aim to obtain instruction in basic immunology or immunology for cancer.
Postdoctoral fellowship promotes youthful skilled researchers at the world’s major universities and resettlement centers to receive instruction in immunology and cancer immunology fundamentals. Each applicant will be evaluated by a committee of the science consultative board. CRI is most interested in research that immediately affects the immunology of cancer.
Deadline: October 1, April 1 (Annually)
Institution(s): Cancer Research Institute (CRI)
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Study in: Any World Country
- Applicant must be working in areas directly related to immunology or cancer immunology.
Benefits of Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRI
Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRI provides the recipients with below benefits:
- Newly awarded fellowships provide a stipend of $55,000 for the first year, $57,000 for the second year, and $59,000 for the third year.
- Additionally, an allowance of $1,500 yearly is allocated to the host institution for usage at the sponsor’s discretion to help fund the fellow’s research supplies, travel to scientific meetings, and/or health insurance.
Eligibility for Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRI
To be eligible for Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRI, these points should be considered:
- Required Languages: English.
- Eligible Countries:All World Countries.
- Candidates for the Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRImust be working in areas directly connected to immunology or cancer immunology. A qualified project must fall into the broad field of immunology with relevance to solving the cancer problem.
- Candidates must hold a doctoral degree by the date of award activation and must carry out their proposed research under a sponsor who has a formal appointment at the host institution.
- Candidates with 5 or more years of pertinent postdoctoral experience are not qualified, with the exception of M.D. candidates, who should not include years of residency in this calculation.
- Simply in outstanding circumstances will candidates who have already spent 3 or more years in a sponsor’s laboratory by the start date of fellowship be considered for a fellowship award.
- The program can be done in the United States or overseas, but must happen at a non-profit institution. There are no citizenship limitations.
- Simply one fellow per sponsor may apply per application round, and faculty sponsors cannot have beyond three CRI-supported fellows at any time.
How to Apply for Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRI
See official website link provided at the end. Though, here are vital steps to avail this scholarship.
- Complete the PDF application form
Completing the PDF Application Form online only (paper application won’t be accepted).
Fill out the form, print it, and get signatures for the Institutional Certifications section. Signatures that will be needed from the following persons:
- An Internal Review Board (IRB) or certifying officer, who can confirm that the proposal is in agreement with government and institutional regulations.
- The institution’s administrative officer.
- The institution’s financial officer.
When your form is done, you should scan it as a PDF and upload it with your other supporting materials when finishing the online application form.
- On the final page of the application to upload, in this order, the following supporting documentation in one PDF document:
- The whole PDF application form, starting with the cover sheet. Please ensure all signatures mentioned in section three have been obtained.
- Short account of the candidate’s background and research achievements.
- List of other funding sources to which applications have been or will be submitted, with due dates.
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- Short summary of your project, with a description of how the proposed research is germane to understanding the role of the immune system in cancer and/or the treatment of cancer through immunological means.
- Research abstract of in non-technical English detailing the significance of the proposed research and its potential clinical significance. (for fundraising purposes)
- Succinct research proposal (background, significance, specific aims, materials and methods) (not to surpass 6 pages inclusive of tables and figures, exclusive of references.)
- Letter from the sponsor presenting the candidate and describing the sponsor’s qualifications to direct the proposed research. The letter must contain assurance that the applicant’s project will be conducted under the direct supervision of the sponsor..
- Sponsor’s CV/biosketch, bibliography (limit bibliography to past 5 years or to publications germane to proposed research), and a list of sponsor’s present research support.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. One letter must be from the applicant’s thesis adviser. The other letter should be from an individual well acquainted with the candidate’s work. The sponsor may not give one of these letters. If the sponsor was also the candidate’s thesis advisor, you must communicate wirh CRI for more instruction.
Every file must be joined into one document and titled according to the following formula: if your name is John Brown, your file should be called Brown, John pdf. Do not submit multiple attachments.
If you come across hitches uploading your attachment, email it to [email protected]
To inquire further about Cancer Research Institute Postdoctoral Fellowships at CRI, please visit the Official Website.