Good news! Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundationis currently open. Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundationis fully funded scholarships for international students. Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is only offered for post-doctoral studies. This fellowship includes a monthly fellowship of 3,150 EUR and much more. The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation empowers well-competent scientists and scholars from overseas who are just going for their academic careers and who finished their doctorates below four years ago to use extended periods of research (6–24 months) in Germany.
The research plan is conducted in cooperation with academic hosts at research institutions in Germany. Candidates choose their own topic of research and their host in Germany. Information of the research outline comprises of information on the intended period of the fellowship must be agreed with the anticipated host before applying. Short-term visits for study and training reasons or for attending conferences are not authorized for sponsorship.
Deadline: Open throughout the year
Institution(s): Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Study in: Germany
Level of Study: Post Doctoral
- Political Science
- Engineering Science
Click Here for more information
- Six to 24 months.
Benefits of Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundationwill provide below benefits:
- A monthly fellowship of 2,670 EUR for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last four years). A monthly fellowship of 3,150 EUR for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last 12 years).
- A convenient date to start and – for proficient researchers – the option of splitting the fellowship up into a maximum of three stays.
- Individual mentoring during the sponsorship period.
- Thorough German language course for fellows and their marital partners prior to the fellowship.
- Further monetary backing for accompanying family members and items like travel costs and comprehensive alumni sponsorship once the research stay has come to an end, such as a Return Fellowship or advance stays in Germany.
Eligibility for Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
To be eligible for Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English or German
- Eligible Countries:All world countries
- Ph.D. or comparable academic degree (PhD, CSc or equivalent) gotten not beyond four years.
- Academic publications reviewed conferring to worldwide standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing outlets.
- Confirmation that research facilities are accessible, mentoring agreement and a comprehensive expert’s statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
- Expert evaluations from the doctoral supervisor and another academic qualified to give well-founded remarks on the candidate’s qualification preferably including reviewers not working at the candidate’s own institute.
- Essential language skills: humanities or social sciences and medicine: German, else a good knowledge of English; natural sciences and engineering: good understanding of German or English.
- The Humboldt-Foundation expects that applicants will obey theRules of Good Scientific Practice and the legally-binding values of scientific ethics throughout the application and sponsorship periods.
How to Apply for Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation:
- You have to choose two hosts (whether they are people or institute) in Germany and ask them for a confirmation and review for the research. Note: if you choose the institute to be your host you will have to schedule the period that you will stay.
- Create an account from Here and attach the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae(two pages max).
- Research outline (five pages max).
- Complete list of publications.
- List of selected key publications.
- Key publications.
- Doctoral certificate.
- German language certificate, if applicable.
- Host’s statement and confirmation of research facilities.
- Two expert reviews.
- In addition, where necessary: publishers’ letter(s) of acceptance and/or acknowledgment(s) of receipt and summaries or translations of the key publications.
To inquire further about Humboldt Research Fellowship at Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, please visit official website Official Website.