Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program in Italy 2020
Keyword: Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program
TWAS, in collaboration with the Lincei Academy and SISSA, established Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program to offer young scientists from Least Developed Countries the opportunity to visit research laboratories in Trieste, Italy, such as SISSA, to engage in research project in scientific fields within the SISSA portfolio (please see below and also in the application form).
Application Deadline: 9th September 2020
About the program: Young scientists who come from Least Developed nations who possess an MSc (or higher degree) can visit laboratories situated in Trieste, Italy, such as SISSA, for three (3) months to perform collaborative research projects in Physics, Mathematics, Neuroscience, Science Outreach in addition to COVID-related projects and that are under the umbrella of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Eligible Field(s): Applications for Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program will only be considered if in the eligible fields indicated below. Research proposals must fall under the umbrella of sustainability science and thus be relevant to areas that support the SDGs (please see https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org).
– Astroparticle Physics (APP)
– Astrophysics and Cosmology (APC)
– The Theory and Numerical Simulation of Condensed Matter (CM)
– Physics and Chemistry of Biological Systems (SBP)
– Statistical Physics (SP)
– Theoretical Particle Physics (TPP)
– Data Science Excellence Department Initiative (DS)
– Cognitive Neuroscience
– Functional and Structural Genomics
– Mathematical analysis
– Mathematical modelling
– Mathematical physics
– Numerical analysis and scientific computing
– Data Science
- SCIENCE OUTREACH
– please see:https://www.sissa.it/interdisciplinary-laboratory
- COVID-related projects: please see: https://www.sissa.it/news/sissa-projects-and-covid-19
- Type: Short course
Eligibility for Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program
- Candidates must be at least age of 40 years on 31st of December, of the application year.
- Candidates must possess a MSc (or higher degree).
- Applicants must be nationals of a Least Developed Country (please see the United Nations definition at https://www.un.org/development/desa/dpad/least-developed-country-category.html, as well as a list of eligible countries).
- Candidates must possess a research position in a Least Developed Country.
- Specific devotion will be rendered to research projects that come under the umbrella of sustainability science.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- Candidates already present in the host nation are not qualified.
- Only applications in the scientific fields specified below and listed in the application form will be considered for the Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program
Eligible Countries: Least Developed Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Trieste, Italy
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program
Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program through the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs together with International Cooperation and the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, through TWAS, will handle travel costs and make available subsistence expenses for the period of time in Italy. The administration and financial operation of TWAS is monitored and organized by UNESCO in accordance with the agreement signed by the two organizations.
Duration of Award: 3 months
How to Apply for Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program
- Fellowship awards are given by the Selection Committee on the foundation of scientific merit.
- Applications should be completed in English.
- Candidates should submit the entire application form duly signed and forward it to the TWAS Secretariat. Applications may be forwarded by email in as much as pages with signatures are forwarded as scanned documents. Incomplete/unsigned applications will NOT be received.
- Material requested:
- the completed application form;
- passport copy, even though expired (only the page with personal information is needed);
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae;
- a declaration on scientific interests and forthcoming plans for research in sustainability sciences in the home country explicitly relating to which SDGs contributions/donations are possible to be made;
- full list of publications (do not enclose reprints of articles);
- copy of the MSc (or higher) certificate;
- a recent invitation letter obtained through SISSA which should contain the proposed time of the visit (3 months) and should refer to the proposed cooperation. It must be made obvious that the candidates and the proposed host have had interaction regarding the scientific work to be carried out at the time of the visit and that the circumstances for carrying out the work have been established in terms of the timing of the visit and the facilities available;
- recent letters of recommendation, which must be submitted separately to TWAS by two referees who are familiar with the applicant’s work. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
GOODLUCK as you apply for the Lincei Research Cooperation Visits Program.