The International Volunteer IVHQ is happily accepting applications from talented and smart students to take part in its Medical Volunteer International Scholarship Grants Programme. The educational opportunity is open to all students and its applications is for the academic year 2021/2022.
Description of the IVHQ Medical Volunteer International Scholarship Grants 2022
Medical Volunteer International placements are available with IVHQ in various healthcare fields, including general medicine, nursing, dentistry, physical therapy, pharmacy, speech therapy, psychiatry, lab technology, midwifery, paramedics, radiology, and more.
The scope of volunteer work depends on your specific experience and qualification levels, and you will have the opportunity to exchange knowledge and cross-cultural learnings with local healthcare professionals, as well as other international volunteers.
The all-encompassing medical volunteer placements provide students and professionals with comprehensive pre-departure support services and training, as well as in-country program orientations, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support.
Selection Criteria for the IVHQ Medical Volunteer International Scholarship
For the selection of the successful students, the judges will be considering the following areas, based on the responses you provide in the application form:
- Applicants existing experience and personal attributes and how these would translate to a medical placement abroad
- Then motivations for pursuing a career in medicine and as a medical volunteer abroad
- Also interpretation of how a medical placement abroad will impact your immediate or long-term goals within your selected area.
- The scholarship is open to anyone of any nationality pursuing a career in healthcare, medicine or nursing. This includes pre-med and pre-nursing students, those studying in a healthcare-related field or qualified professionals.
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older at the closure of nominations and hold a valid passport with at least 6 months validity.
- If you know you want to become a volunteer abroad but aren’t sure where you’d like to volunteer yet, you can certainly still apply for the scholarship.
If you are selected as a finalist, the IVHQ team will be happy to assist you in selecting a medical volunteer destination that’s the best fit for you.
Value of Scholarship
The Scholarship grants includes:
- 2-week medical volunteer abroad project with IVHQ in the destination of your choice
- Flight voucher (to the value of US$1000) from STA Travel
- 2-week travel insurance policy from World Nomads
- The ‘Certificate in International Volunteering’ online course from Global Travel Academy
Click here to go through their official website for more informations
The Application Deadline for this study program is not known yet however, once there is an update about date or any changes we will notify you
I believe you find this article helpful, kindly share to your loved ones using the various social media platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram, Meta(Facebook), Twitter etc. You can also sign up to this website for more educational updates