The National University of Singapore is partnering with the Singapore Management University to provide quality education for those students who wish to earn a degree. Applications are being accepted from talented into the SINGA Scholarship Graduate Programme. The Fully funded scholarship is all foreign students at the two universities.
About the National University of Singapore Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
They will carry PhD training out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
However, distinguished and world-renowned researchers will supervise students in these labs. Upon successful completion, either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU will confer students with a PhD degree.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia-Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
SINGA encourages a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Course Area for the SINGA Graduate Programs
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly into two classification
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
Please note that they will require you to show your choices of supervisor in the application form.
Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Exceptional skills in written and spoken English
- Exceptional reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not difficult.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. They may amend these policies from time to time without notice
- Browse PhD Research Projects
Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
- Documents Needed
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in. jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports
ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate (s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidate if your degree certificate/scroll is not yet granted.
- Recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
Optional: GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
Application Deadline: Deadline Submission for August 2022 intake: 1 December 2021 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).
Please read the important information below:
- Ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as they will use the information for verification on your first log-in.
2. Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship–“Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)”–in the application portal after logging in.
3. Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
4. Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide enough time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed
Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after they submit it.
The award provides assistance for up to 4 years of PhD studies, including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the qualifying examination
- Onetime airfare grant of up to $1,500
- Onetime settling-in allowance of $1,000
Sharing is Caring!