International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarships for international applicants seeking admission to pursue a full-time PhD program at NTU in 2020. Foreign scholars from all over the world can apply for the SINGA Award 2021. The students will be working with the world’s renowned researchers in a multi-cultural environment. PhD scholarship awards in Singapore are the secret to create a worldwide research career, create global links, and pursue education with hands-on research experience. The prestigious and fully funded International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarships is now accepting applications for August 2021 intake from international students. A huge announcement for the individuals who are aiming for a PhD Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) 2021 welcomes graduates for the culturally diverse research training on a fully-funded PhD scholarship in Singapore.
Singapore is the access to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. Also with SINGA, you can chase your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
SINGA nurtures a vibrant and culturally vast research community of foreign scholars. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural setting with distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
- 1st June 2020 for January 2021 intake
- 1st December 2020 for July 2021 intake.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore
Eligible Field of Study: Aspects of research under the PhD Program fall mainly under two classes:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
About Scholarship: International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarships is a partnership between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to provide PhD training to be done in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NUS or NTU. Students will be monitored by notable and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful accomplishment, scholars will be conferred a PhD degree by either NUS or NTU.
Type: PhD, Research
Eligibility for International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarships
- Open for application to all foreign graduates with a drive for research and outstanding academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
Number of International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarships: up to 240
Benefits of International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarships
The award program offers aid for up to four (4) years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
* Subject to terms and conditions
Duration of Scholarship: For 4 years
How to Apply for International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarships
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for the scholarship must follow steps below to submit their applications.
- Click on the apply button below to apply through the online application platform.
- Upload required documents
- Identification card or Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in.jpeg or.png format)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts (English translation).
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature
- Two recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results (Optional). Nevertheless, do note that you may be demanded by the university to submit acceptable scores as part of the university admission requirement.
- You will be required to indicate your choices of supervisor in the application form.
- Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
If you need more Information about International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarships, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage