Applications are now open for the American University in Cairo (AUC) Education Fellowships 2020 for International Students. Applicants are expected to provide GSE with a written statement in which they should show their research and professional skill, as well as professional objectives.
Established in the year 1919, AUC is a foremost English-language, American-accredited academic institution of higher education and center of academic, social and cultural life of the Arab realm. Its groups of parents, scholars, faculty and employees, trustees, ex-students and other generous benefactors represent over 60 nations. The School stands as a crossroads for the world’s cultures and a vibrant forum for reasoned argument, spirited discussion and understanding over the variety of languages, facilities and human practices.
The University provides thirty-six (36) undergraduate, forty-four (44) master’s as well as two (2)PhD programs deeply rooted in a liberal arts education that inspires students to think critically and find creative solutions to conflicts and encounters facing both the region and the world. It also provides a globally known professional community-based education in English to meet the wants of the dynamic Egyptian and wider regional economies.
The academic institution’s educational resources comprise the biggest English-language academic library collection in Egypt, three modern theaters and 15 cross-disciplinary research centers. The Institution of higher education modern, 260-acre New Cairo campus constitutes a visionary investment in the future of Cairo, Egypt and the region — a state-of-the-art facility for advanced research, innovative teaching, lifelong learning and civic engagement.
Chartered and recognized in the United States and Egypt, The American University in Cairo (AUC) is an independent, not-for-profit, equal-opportunity establishment.
- 3rd November 2020
- 15th April 2021
About the Academic Award: Identifying the trials facing Egypt and the region, the Graduate School of Education (GSE) adds to education reform by offering the theoretical, applied and technical assistance components required to nurture the capacity of experts in the education system who are applying to the Master of Arts in international and comparative education and Educational Leadership (MA) with concentrations in School Leadership and Higher Education. In addition to partial tuition support, the highly competitive GSE fellowship will provide students with the opportunity of working with a faculty member on their research and other professional work.
Eligible Field/Fields: Master of Arts in International and Comparative Education
Eligibility for American University in Cairo (AUC) Education Fellowships
- All nationalities
- For fresh graduate degree-seeking scholars; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Admission to the Master of Arts in international as well as comparative education
- For continuing students; to hold on the fellowship, the beneficiary must keep to a GPA of 3.2
- Demonstrated or potential academic qualifications, professional experience
- Scholars must register at least two graduate courses
- Financial need
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Egypt
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of American University in Cairo (AUC) Education Fellowships
The American University in Cairo (AUC) Education Fellowships covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of three credits per semester
- May cover remedial English courses and pre-requisite courses
Responsibilities of American University in Cairo (AUC) Education Fellowships Scholars
- In backing of their professional training, fellows are allocated eight hours per week of related research work
- This work is proposed to provide research work in support of GSE scholarly interests and offer professional development and research mentorship to fellows
- A teaching assistantship compulsory training must be accomplished if the candidate is involved in teaching assistantship responsibilities. The training needs to be accomplished only once
- For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here
Duration of Award: One semester subject to review every semester for satisfactory academic and research performance.
How to Apply for American University in Cairo (AUC) Education Fellowships
- It is essential to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying. GOODLUCK as you apply for American University in Cairo (AUC) Education Fellowships.