IIE-SRF PhD Scholarship invites applications from international students who intend to undertake PhD research under IEE-SRF. The Baden-Württemberg Fund supports visiting research appointments at universities and other higher education institutions in the German state of Baden-Württemberg, where researchers can continue their job in the field of liberty and security. Qualified researchers comprises of senior scientists, teachers, and government intellectuals from any country, academic ground or discipline that face — or have lately fled — immediate and targeted threats to their life and/or careers in their home nations or nations of permanent residence.
In the year 2002, the trustees of the IIE devoted themselves to making rescue scholars a nonstop part of the Institute’s job, and Dr. Henry Jarecki, Dr. Henry Kaufman, and Mr. Thomas Russo created the IIE Scholar Rescue Fund (IIE-SRF). Protecting endangered researchers and students has been at the heart of IIE’s mission for a long time since it was founded in 1919. From the Bolshevik Revolution to the Hungarian Uprising, IIE has shown its dedication to defend the right to liberty of thought and the pursuit of information.
Deadline: Open all year round
Level of Study: PhD (Doctoral)
Study in: Host Partners
Applicants from any discipline can apply to the fellowship
One to Two years
Benefits of IIE-SRF PhD Scholarship
The IIE-SRF PhD Scholarship award includes a grant of up to US$25,000, along with individual health insurance, to support a visiting academic appointment of up to one year (renewable for a second year). The concluding fellowship amount is dependent upon numerous factors, as well as the location of the host institution, the bill of living, and the worth of any additional contributions from the host institution of other source(s).
Eligibility for IIE-SRF PhD Scholarship
These are eligibility requirements for IIE-SRF PhD Scholarship
EligibleCountries: All world countries
- Senior researchers, professors and public intellectuals from any nation, academic ground, or discipline can qualify.
- Applications are revised for academic experiences, the quality/potential of the candidate’s work, and the intensity of the threats that the candidate faces.
- Preference is given to scholars who:
- hold a Ph.D. or uppermost degree in their academic/career field and/or who have extensive teaching or research experience at a university, college, or other institution of higher learning;
- are going through or have recently fled from immediate, severe, and targeted threats to their lives and/or careers in their home countries or countries of residence;
- demonstrate superior academic accomplishment and promise
- will benefit their home and/or host academic communities.
How to Apply for IIE-SRF PhD Scholarship
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail IIE-SRF PhD Scholarship:
Applicants can apply directly or may have a third party submit application materials on their behalf. The required application materials include:
- Application coversheet
- Academic statement. Please provide a thorough statement detailing your academic and professional background and experience.
- Current CV or resume.
- Personal statement. Please deliver a detailed statement clarifying why you are applying to IIE-SRF for support.
- Two (2) academic / professional letters of reference from academic and/or professional equals who can talk to your research, publications, teaching, or other progressed academic experience.
- Two (2) personal letters of reference from equals or individuals who are conscious of the problems that you have been going through and your professional experience. When possible, please make your referees write their letters on official letterhead and seforwardnd them to IIE-SRF directly at [email protected].
- A copy of your Ph.D. or higher degree
- Copies of your most recent writing or research publications.
- A letter from an recognized institution of higher learning that may be able to host your fellowship. This is not a requirement.
- Please deliver all application materials via email (preferred), fax, or post.
- Letters may be addressed to:
Scholar Rescue Fund
Institute of International Education
809 United Nations Plaza
New York, New York 10017-3580
To know more about IIE-SRF PhD Scholarship, please visit the Official Website