Facebook Fellowship Program invites applications from international students who intend to pursue doctoral studies at an accredited university in any country for academic year 2021. The fellowships are offered in computer science, computer engineering or a related area. The winners of the fellowship program are entitled to receive two years of study and fees, an annual stipend and conference travel aid.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the strength of the student’s research statement, the publishing record and the letter of recommendation. The Facebook Fellowship Program is envisioned to inspire and assist promising doctoral scholars involved in innovative and applicable studies in fields relevant to computer science and engineering.
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Compute Storage and Efficiency
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Hardware and Software Infrastructure for Machine Learning
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking and Connectivity
- Programming Languages
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- UX/Instagram Well-being
- Research outside the above: significant work in areas that may not align with the research priorities highlighted above.
- For more details on our topical areas of interest please see the website here.
Benefits of Facebook Fellowship Program
Facebook Fellowship Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Tuition and dues will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
- Tuition money will be paid directly to the school, the stipend will be sent directly to the fellow, unless otherwise specified. Stipends are taxable based on local law.
Eligibility for Facebook Fellowship Program
To be eligible for Facebook Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- RequiredLanguage: English
- EligibleCountries: All world countries
- Candidates work must be connected to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas above)
- Full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research who are admitted in a recognized university in any nation
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- First or sophomore year PhD scholars who fit the standards of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector have the option of being assessed for an Emerging Scholar Award.
- Applications will be assessed based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
- Read the Terms and Conditions for the Facebook Fellowship program.
How to Apply for Facebook Fellowship Program
Please follow the following steps to avail Facebook Fellowship Program:
- Keep up to date with the application page from HERE
- All applicants will need to use their Facebook account to apply.
- Applications Must Include
- CV or Resume, as well as email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, significant to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research at the time of the award (reference the research areas)
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic adviser
- When you fill out the application, you will be asked to input an email address for your references. Your references will receive an email with a link to submit their letter. Please ensure that the contact information you enter for your references is accurate.
- The application will allow you to save or submit after entering information. You may go back and edit your application up to the due date.
To know more about Facebook Fellowship Program, please visit Official Website