Job Number: 527008
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Purpose of the Post
- Under the close supervision and guidance of the Human Resources Specialist, the Human Resources Associate provides administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in the field office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Support to business partnering:
- Support the business partners in developing initiatives to encourage employee well-being and employee recognition schemes
- Support the management of change processes by advising clientele on changes to HR processes under the guidance of HR Business Partner
- Support the business partners in assisting clientele in using HR systems such as talent management, agora and achieve.
Support in processing of entitlement and benefits:
- In consultation with supervisor, analyze, research, verify, and compile data and information on cases that do not conform to UN or UNICEF’s HR Rules & Regulations, to support consistent and equitable application of decisions and implementation of agreed upon action.
- In consultation with supervisor, analyze, research and verify information for the purpose of responding to staff queries on areas related to benefits and entitlements
- Initiates the processing of a wide range of personnel actions in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms and actions are completed by staff and forwarded to the GSSC.
- Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
Support in recruitment and placement:
- Prepares and circulates internal and external advertisements.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Prepares formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters.
- Initiates and follows up on reference checks and academic verifications, and ensuring the completion of other background checks.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
Support in organization design and job classification:
- Participates in the review of GS positions specific JDs, ensuring effective application of ICSC methodology.
- Drafts and edits job descriptions to be submitted for classification for review by supervisor.
- Follows up and liaises with HQ and RO over status of requests to ensure timely completion.
- Prepares documents to be submitted for classification to RO and NYHQ, ensuring completeness of documentation
- Monitors life-cycle of all job classification requests to facilitate recruitment and organization planning.
- Compiles and analyses information and statistics related to posts and staff for reports on staffing trends.
- Analyze, research, verify, and compile data which facilitates preparation of workforce planning reports for supervisor to review against benchmarks i.e. Gender and geographical balance and other recruitment related key performance indicators.
Support in learning & capacity development:
- In consultation with supervisor, researches and analyses data and information to help identify training needs within his/her office for the development of learning plans and other targeted training interventions.
- In consultation with supervisor, researches, analyzes, verifies, and compiles information on external training courses available and educational institutions to help supervisor decide on learning programmes that address learning gaps in his/her country office.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by participating in exercises which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
- Develops and processes contracts for institutions providing training and courses, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
- Tracks the performance management cycle processes, ensuring the timely distribution and enhancing the timely completion and return of appraisals.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of UNICEF.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience of which at least two years in human resources support functions required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local language at the duty station is considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- The competencies required for this post are:
- Core competencies:
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Functional Competencies:
- Analyzing (II)
- Learning & Researching (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
- View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online