Good news! Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships are currently open. Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers fully funded scholarships for international students. This scholarship is offered for masters and PhD. Honjo Scholarship provides monthly allowance, accommodation charges and Travel expenses for attending an international conference.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers scholarships to brilliant students who are struggling to study under different conditions in developing countries and to those Japanese students studying out of the country, to help them learn advanced technologies and improve their good intentions will serve as a link connecting Japan with the rest of the universe in culture and mutual friendships.
Deadline: May 31, 2020 / October 31, 2020
Institution(s): Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
Level of Study: Masters/ PhD
Study in: Japan
- There is no constraint on field of research.
- From 1 to 5 years.
Benefits of Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- ¥200,000 each month for 1 or 2 years.
- ¥180,000 each month for 3 years.
- ¥150,000 each month for 4 or 5 years.
- Travel expenditures for attendance at an international conference, etc.
Eligibility Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
To be eligible for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English and Japanese
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. The student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- The candidate must be admitted by autumn 2020 or applying for the academic course starting from autumn 2020 at a graduate school in Japan. Candidates who are going to enter graduate schools at April 2021 are not qualified to apply for this program. Apply for the program which commences to accept application from October 1 to November 30 (scheduled).
- Due to principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not qualified to apply. Though, student who can submit a research plan is qualified to apply.
- To be eligible, the student applying for PhD program must have been born after August 31, 1984. Scholar applying for master’s program must have been given birth to after August 31, 1989.
- The candidate should have a solid will to serve in his / her home nation after graduation. This doesn’t mean to have employment definite already or to return his / her home nation instantly after graduating the institution.
- The candidate should have a deep understanding of forign friendship and goodwill, and must be present at the events planned by the foundation and participate in the network as an alumni member.
- The candidate has to be able to carry an daily conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be carried out in Japanese. (no exception)
- For more information, download the Guidelines from Here.
How to Apply for Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
Follow the important steps below to avail Foreign Students Scholarship:
(1) Enter “web application system”. Fill out the application form and upload the following required documents.
- i) Academic transcript from undergraduate course of the institution of higher education where you graduated AND ii) any other courses that you are currently taking or have taken in the past. If you transferred into the school, the transcript from the earlier school is necessary. All the candidates must make available at least i) the academic transcript from undergraduate course Photocopies are acceptable.
- The scholarship application form, a resume and personal information form (1 set of 3 pages); ensure to affix your photo to the application form. Download the above forms provided on the website. Fill them in Japanese by typed or hand-written.
- Research plan: In Japanese, Explain concentrating around the following four points; i) an outline of your research; ii) projected schedule between now and graduation; iii) plans and goals for the future; iv) research you have done in the past (if any). 2~4 pages are preferable. Either typed or hand-written is available.
- One recommendation letter from an academic supervisor. (This confidential letter should indicate the candidate’s academic accomplishments, character/personality, and his or her potential for the future.) There is no limit on the number of pages or style. If your previous academic supervisor knows you personally well enough, you can request from him/ her to give you recommendation letter.
- A certificate of enrollment or a letter of admission. In circumstance that entrance examination has not been done yet, or successful applicants of the entrance examination will not have been announced before you apply for this scholarship, pen down the scheduled date of examination or declaration of the result on the bottom of application form. If you are already enrolling into a graduate school, please provide a certificate of current enrollment. (Photocopies are acceptable.)
- One recommendation letter from an academic supervisor. (This confidential letter should mention the individual’s academic successes, character/personality, and his or her potential for the future.) There is no limit on the number of pages or style. If your former academic supervisor knows about you well enough, you can ask him/ her for your recommendation letter.
- For 1, 4 & 5: Please get ready those documents in Japanese OR English. If you have your documents in other languages, please affix either Japanese OR English translation.
(2) Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website. To know more about Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Foreign Scholarships, please visit Official Website.