Good news! Harvard Academy Scholars Programs are currently open to receive applications. Harvard University Scholarships is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Harvard University Scholarships is offered for postdoctoral research studies. Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will get a yearly allowance of 67,000$. Every year four to six Academy Scholars are named for two-year appointments. The Academy Scholars Program recognizes and funds exceptional scholars at the beginning of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of nations or regions outside of the United States or Canada. Academy Scholars are expected to live in the Cambridge/Boston expanse for the period of their appointments except traveling for pre-approved research purposes.
The Academy Scholars Program recognizes and backs exceptional scholars at the beginning of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or values of countries or expanses outside of the United States or Canada. Their scholarship may illuminate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
The Academy Scholars are a selected group of people with inventiveness, initiative, inquisitiveness, and innovative, whose work in cultures or regions outside of the US or Canada shows promise as a foundation for exceptional careers in major universities or international institutions.
Scholars are will be on duty for a two-year, in-residence, postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for foreign and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. They get considerable financial and research backing to embark on sustained projects of research and/or acquire accessory training in their selected fields and areas. The Senior Intellectuals, a notable group of senior Harvard University faculty members, act as mentors to the Academy Scholars to aid them attain their intellectual potential.
Deadline: October 01, 2020
Institution(s): Harvard University
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Study in: Cambridge/Boston, USA.
- Social science
Benefits of Harvard University Scholarships
Harvard University Scholarships provide the beneficiary with the benefits below:
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will get a yearly allowance of 67,000$.
- If nominated before earning the PhD, the Scholars will get a yearly allowance of 31,000$ until awarded the PhD.
- This allowance is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage.
- Some teaching is permitted but not required.
Eligibility for Harvard University Scholarships
To be eligible for Harvard University Scholarships, these points should be considered:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Latest PhD (or comparable professional school degree) beneficiaries and doctoral applicants in the social sciences or law.
- Those still chasing a PhD should have finished their routine training and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars.
- If you have finished a PhD program, the PhD conclusion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline. For candidates applying for the October 1, 2020 deadline, you must have finished your PhD or equivalent after September 30, 2017.
How to Apply for Harvard University Scholarships
Please follow the following important steps to avail Harvard University Scholarships:
- Create a new account here.
- Fill your data.
- Following documents are required
- Cover letter which briefly states the candidate’s academic field, nation or region of specialization, and proposed research topic.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; as well as list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 at most); as well as intelligent objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- All aspects of the application, as well as the three letters of recommendation, are submitted online as PDF documents
To inquire further about Harvard University Scholarships, please visit official website: