Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship is currently open. Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. It is a Research based Fellowship which can six months or one year. The scholarship covers return economy class air tickets, living and research expenses: 350,000 yen per month and health insurance.
Hakuho Foundation Scholarship Research Fellowship is accessible for foreign students to undertake research in Japanese language. They have team up tirelessly since the Hakuho Foundation in 1970 to help kids grow and create wealthy natural characteristics through language force.
In 2015, they improved their fundamentals to rejoice the 45th centenary of their inception, enabling them to expand the support they give. The Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship is summoning major global Japanese language scientists, Japanese language education, Japanese literature, and Japanese society to Japan to conduct residential research with the goal of further improving the fundamentals of global studies into Japan and deepening knowledge of Japan.
Deadline: October 30, 2020
Institution(s): Hakuho Foundation
Level of Study: Research Fellowship
Study in: Japan
Summoned fellows will conduct their research with the cooperation of receiving organizations below:
- International Research Center for Japanese Studies.
- The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa.
- Kyoto University.
- National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics.
- Ochanomizu University.
- Ritsumeikan University.
- Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
- Waseda University.
- Japanese language.
- Japanese literature.
- Japanese culture.
- Japanese language education.
- Long-term (12-month/one year) and short-term (6-month) fellowships are accessible.
Benefits of Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship
Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Airfares: Return economy class air tickets
Note: Fellows who are already present in Japan prior to the commencement of the Fellowship period will not get inbound tickets.
As well, Fellows who remain in Japan after the close of the Fellowship period will not get outbound tickets.
- Relocation allowance: 350,000 yen
- Living and research costs: 350,000 yen monthly
- Accommodation subsidy: Up to150,000 yen monthly （actual cost; subject to provision of receipts monthly）
- Foreign travelers’ illness and injury insurance
Furthermore, Hakuho Foundation will pay the receiving organization a hosting cooperation fee for usage of facilities, etc.
by the Fellow.
Eligibility for Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship
To be eligible for Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages:Japanese.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Related to a higher education or research institution (including postdoctoral scholars, adjunct professors and part-time lecturers), or have equivalent research and educational experience.
- Scholars with a doctoral degree (including degrees to be awarded on or before December 2018) OR an equivalent level of research or education experience.
- Satisfactory Japanese language proficiency to be capable to conduct research in Japanese.
- Non-Japanese citizen living outside Japan or Japanese citizen who has lived outside Japan for 10 years or more and been active in the academic community of the nation of their residence.
- Capable of staying continuously in Japan for the period of the Fellowship period and participate in research reporting sessions arranged by the Foundation.
- Applications are not wanted from persons whose drive is to write a doctoral thesis.
- As research reporting and communications with the Fellowship secretariat on numerous techniques will be carried out in Japanese only, a suitable level of Japanese language ability is required.
- Persons who have previously received support for residential research in Japan may also apply.
How to Apply for Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship
Here are important steps to avail Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship:
- Get Application Guide, Application Form and Letter of Recommendation from here.
- Fill in the Application Form
- Have the person recommending you for the Fellowship fill in the Letter of Recommendation
- Prepare Japanese interpretation of the Letter of Recommendation (if written in a language different than Japanese)
- Forward the above documents to the designated address by mail.
Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship Secretariat:
C/o e-side, Inc., B1 Fl., Shiba-Daimon MF Bldg., 2-1-16 Shiba-Daimon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0012, Japan
Tel: +81 3 6435 8140
Fax: +81 3 6435 8790
Email: [email protected]
To know more about Hakuho Foundation Japanese Research Fellowship, please visit Official Website