Global Intern Program (GIP) application is open to foreign students. Global Intern Program (GIP) is presented by Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) for foreign student. Global Intern Program (GIP) is a fully funded internship opportunity for international students. GIP internship funds flight fare, housing, stipend and much more. For individuals who would like to find themsleves the distinctive research environment and opportunities available at the GIST, the Global Intern Program (GIP) offers a wonderful opportunity to experience research at GIST by having you join a research lab for eight weeks during the summer to receive worthy teaching and mentoring from the lab’s professor.
It is opportunity to assist you decide if going for an advanced degree at GIST is right for you while gaining valuable research experience.
Deadline: March, 2021
Institution(s): Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
Level of Study: Internship
Location: South Korea
Internship Focused Areas:
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Environmental Science and Engineering
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Physics and Chemistry
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- School of Integrated Technology
For more information about GIP Research Field: Here.
8-week Laboratory Internship
Based on your research proposal
- Week 1 to week 7: You should write a short paper and submit
- Week 8: Submit a draft of your research poster for poster session.
Intern submitted papers and poster will be published in a book and given to the intern, your home university, and your participating GIST laboratory.
Benefits of Global Intern Program (GIP)
GIP Internship will afford benefits listed below to their interns:
- Half of Round-trip Airfare.
- Receive dormitory accommodations during your internship.
- Korean Language Class.
- Cultural Class.
- Special Lectures.
- Give you stipend every month during your internship.
- Health Insurance.
- Culture Exploration.
- Intern and engage in research with a lab from eight GIST Graduate Schools.
- Get worthy experience presenting your research during a poster session,
- Enlarge your perspective with customized GIP special lectures and lessons.
- Build new friendships and meet fellow GIP Interns from all over the globe.
Eligibility for Global Intern Program (GIP)
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Global Intern Program (GIP):
- Eligible Countries:All World Countries
- International Undergraduate Seniors or Master’s Degree students.
- A GPA of 3.0 or above.
How to Apply for Global Intern Program (GIP)
Candidates must create an account with their email address from: Here.
- Applicant must complete the application from.
- Applicants should indicate two preferred laboratories in the application form and upload research plan.
- PDF file for Application Guidelines to easily apply: Here.
- Applicant must apply for a place in the desired program as shown in one of opportunity areas.
- Applicant must agree to abide by GIST regulations and Korean law.
- Every individual School/Department has their own process to pick interns, and the Section of International Cooperation (SIC) has no capacity to influence that process or to change the decision.
- Applicant must provide the following document for apply:
- Original (Official) Degree Certificates.
- Original (Official) Transcripts; All in English.
- One Letter of Recommendation.
- English Language Proficiency Test Result.
Note: Global Intern Program (GIP) is only for undergraduate seniors or for master’s degree students
In the process of applying, please select your two preferred laboratories and upload your research plan. If you do not upload your research blueprint or select one or two laboratories, your application will be considered unfinished and will not be processed for consideration.
For well-organized processing, please provide your complete home address, phone contact, and complete name as it appears on your passport.
Before applying, please check the Global Intern Program (GIP) eligibility requirements. Failure to fulfill the eligibility requirements will cause your application not being processed.
By applying to the Global Intern Program (GIP), you are agreeing to abide by GIST regulations and Korean law. Failure to stand by GIST rules or Korean law will bring about your immediate expulsion from the program at your own expense.
- To inquire further about Global Intern Program (GIP), please visit Official Website.