Gates Cambridge Scholarship is currently open. Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Gates Cambridge Scholarship is offered for masters and PhD studies. This scholarship provides £17,500 stipend per annum, health insurance, academic development funding up to £2,000 and family allowance up to £10,120.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program was founded in October 2000 with a donation of US$ 210 m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge, the largest single donation ever made to the UK University.
For 2021 Gates Cambridge will give 80 full-cost scholarships to exceptional candidates from outside the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any topic accessible at the University of Cambridge. Almost two-thirds of these awards will be granted to PhD scholars, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
Deadline: December 03, 2020 / January 07, 2021
Institution(s): University of Cambridge
Level of Study: Masters, PhD
Study in: UK
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Life Sciences (Biological and Clinical Medicine)
- Physical Sciences
- Technology (e.g.: Computer Science, Engineering, Judge Business School)
- 2 years for masters programs
- 3 years for PhD programs
Benefits of Gates Cambridge Scholarship
This scholarship provides £17,500 stipend per annum, health insurance, academic development funding up to £2,000 and family allowance up to £10,120. Gates Cambridge Scholarship offers the beneficiary with the benefits bellow:
- The University Composition Fee at the right amount
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2020-21 rates; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months). For PhD students the grant is for up to 4 years.
- An economy single flight fare at both the start and end of the course
- Inbound visa expenses & the charge of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development backing – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, reliant on on the span of your course, to attend seminars and courses.
- Family stipend – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you can apply to keep up to your normal maintenance stipend while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork expenses as these should be financed by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity finance – should you need it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and carry on to receive your maintenance stipend during this period
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
Eligibility for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
To be eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarship, applicant must fulfill the requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries:All world countries.
- Academic excellence.
- One should be capable of making a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
- An obligation to improving the lives of others.
- A capacity for leadership.
- Candidates must be from nations outside the UK to go for a full-time postgraduate degree.
How to Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Please follow the application guidelines below to apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- Apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
- Build up an account on the website.
- Fill in your personal information
- Submit those documents:
- Gates Cambridge Statement: In no further than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words) please describe in your wring why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you fulfill the four main criteria.
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates reference: In addition to two academic references for admission, Gates Cambridge candidates submit a reference about their fit with the award.
- Answer the application questions.
- Submit the application
To inquire further about Gates Cambridge Scholarship, please visit Official Website