EPFL Excellence Fellowships are open to international students who want to undertake master’s studies at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland. EPFL provides a limited number of fellowships at the Master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Some of the grants are funded by EPFL directly and others via partnerships with foundations or enterprises.
EPFL is Europe’s greatest cosmopolitan technical university with scholars, professors and employee from more than 120 countries. A vibrant environment, accessible to Switzerland and the universe, EPFL is focused on its three missions: teaching, research and technology transfer. EPFL is divided into several national and international teaching, research and innovation centres. EPFL’s strength is rooted in its extraordinary diversity.
EPFL works jointly with a wide network of partners including other institution of higher education and institutes of technology, secondary schools and colleges, industry and economy, political circles and the general public, to bring about tangible impact for society. Equal opportunities are an integral part of EPFL’s development and excellence policy.
Deadline: 15 April/15 Dec (annual)
Institution(s): École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Level of Study: Masters
Study in: Switzerland
- Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer and Communication Sciences
- Basic Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Management of Technology
- College of Humanities
- EPFL Middle East
EPFL Excellence Fellowships Program Period:
It could be 1 and half year Master’s program or 2-years Master’s program (according to the type of the program).
Benefits of EPFL Excellence Fellowships
EPFL Excellence Fellowships provide the recipients with the following benefits:
- Fellowships for those applicants comprise:32,000 CHF (32,046 USD) for a 2-years Master’s (120 credits). CHF 24’000 (24,033 USD) for a 1 1/2 year Master’s (90 credits).
- Housing, tuition fees, visa costs, etc. must be paid by the fellowship’s holder.
- CHF 16’000 (16,018 USD) per academic year (split into monthly payments).
- So as to carry on to the examination of your candidacy, the costs of treatment of your file amount to: CHF 150 (150.123 USD).
Eligibility for EPFL Excellence Fellowships
To be eligible for EPFL Excellence Fellowships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language for EPFL Excellence Fellowships: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree from a university (or the equivalent) in field related to EPFL curricula can apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs. (Are not eligible candidates who already hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent, in the field (or similar field) of the program for which they would apply).
- The candidates should have exceptional academic records and references.
How to Apply for EPFL Excellence Fellowships
Please follow below instructions to avail EPFL Excellence Fellowships:
- Register through the online application from here.
- Fill in the online application.
- All documents provided for EPFL Excellence Fellowships should be in English, French, German or Italian. Please attach a legalized translation of all documents in another language:
- A resume.
- Candidate’s academic diploma (s) or Bachelor (s) certified (s). If you are yet to possess your diploma, it is vital to submit it to the Academic Service upon your arrival.
- All your certified university graduation reports.
- A cover letter that should not exceed 1000 words. We ask you to describe your academic background and your career plan.
- The contact information of three academic referees, all of whom will have to provide a letter of recommendation concerning you ( except for candidates already registered in another Swiss Federal Institute of Technology or University, who apply for a Master’s degree in the same branch of study as their Bachelor.
- Three referees are required; Letters of recommendation should come from teachers who are familiar with your work and potential. These recommendations are confidential, necessary and will not be accepted if they are not generated by the electronic application.
- Your identity card or passport is required.
- For foreigners domiciled in Switzerland: your residence permit.
To inquire further about EPFL Excellence Fellowships, please visit Official Website