Good news! Government of Ireland Scholarship is currently open. Government of Ireland Scholarship is a funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is only offered for postgraduate studies. Government of Ireland Scholarship provides stipend of €16,000 per annum, a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annul and eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum..
Deadline: October 20, 2020
Institution(s): Government of Ireland
Level of Study: Master’s and Doctoral
Study in: Ireland
- All disciplines can apply.
- 1- 2-year research masters
- 3-4 year PhD program
Benefits of Government of Ireland Scholarship
Government of Ireland Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- A stipend of €16,000 per annum.
- A contribution to fees, together with non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per year.
- Eligible direct research costs of €2,250 per year.
Eligibility for Government of Ireland Scholarship
To be eligible for Master’s and Doctoral Scholarship Presented by Government of Ireland in All disciplines, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Applicant must have a first class or upper second class honors bachelor’s, or the (equivalent) degree. If undergraduate examination grades are unknown at the time of application, the Council could make a provisional offer of a scholarship on grounds that the scholar’s bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree grades is a first class or upper second-class honors. If a scholar does not have a first class or upper second-class honors bachelor’s, or the equivalent, degree, they must possess a master’s degree. The Council’s determination of an applicant’s eligibility on these criteria is final.
- Candidate must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the scheme, with strategic partner themes within the scheme.
- Candidate must be a fresh entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding and have been formally accepted by the appropriate department or school.
- Candidates applying for a research master’s scholarship, must not presently have, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship
- Entrants applying for a PhD degree scholarship must not presently have or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would empower them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Candidates will fall under one of two groups based on nationality and residency.
- For category I, applicants must meet both of the following criteria: be a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and have been typically inhabitant in an EEA member state or Switzerland for a continuous period of 3 of the 5 years preceding October 1st..
How to Apply for Government of Ireland Scholarship
Please follow the following steps to avail Government of Ireland Scholarship:
- Register on the online account from here and complete the applicable registration form as prompted.
- Complete the applicable registration form as prompted. Once you have filled in the required details, click ‘submit’ at the bottom of the registration page. A confirmation email will automatically be sent to the email address you have provided. This email confirms that you have successfully registered for the online system and will issue you with a username and password.
- Once you have received your username and password, you should access the online the system here using the login details provided.
- When you log into the online system, you will be presented with the ‘home’ screen below where you can create and edit your application prior to the applicant deadline and then submit it.
For more information, click here.
List of Approved Universities
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- College of Computing Technology, Dublin
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- The National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Technological University for Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
To know more about Government of Ireland Scholarship, please visit Official Website