Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships For International Students and Artists is a fully funded program, applications for this is open to merit students who wish to enroll for their degree program in Switzerland.
The scholarship program covers full funding for the course of study and all university tuition fees at the international rate; health insurance, air fare, housing allowance etc. In order to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries . every year, the Government of Switzerland grants over hundreds of scholarships to international students and artists.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Swiss Government
Name of Institution(s): All Swiss Public Universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded (covers full cost of study and related expenses)
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Study Level: Masters & PhD degree
Nationality: International students
Applicants interested in this scheme should ensure hey meet he following requirements;
- Applicant must be an international student (a foreign scholar or artist)
- Applicant must be admitted into a Masters or PhD program.
- The Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria: candidate profile, quality of the research project or artistic work, synergies and potential for future research cooperation
- For Masters program, the applicant must hold (or are about to obtain) a undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- For PhD program, the applicant must hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- The applicant must have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
Interested applicants should ensure they apply and be given an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a Masters or PhD in any Swiss public university. Afterwards, applicants can proceed to apply for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: Not Specified