The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships is a fully funded program open to international students who wish to enroll for their degree program at the University.
At the University of Oxford, The AIG Scholarships is awarded to merit graduates ranging from 25-45 with good leadership skills, and good academic records and positively impact on the society. The scholarship scheme is pleased to offer financial assistance with five awards or grants to high performing West African students who have interest in the public sector, to study Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG).
Name of Institution: University of Oxford
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Scholarship Worth: covers full tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses
Number of Scholarships: Several
Study Level: Masters degree level.
Nationality: West African States (e.g. Nigeria and Ghana)
Applicants who interested in this award are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Applicant should be aged between 25 and 45 years
- Candidates must have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Applicants academic distinction and leadership potential are key priorities for selection.
- In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, a Master’s, second degree or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
- Applications sent via post or in person are NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
Interested applicants in the AIG Scholarship Program 2024/2025 should ensure they submit their application online.