Qualified and Interested students are highly welcome to apply for the Full Commonwealth Scholarship Grants provided by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The educational programme is open to those students who wish to enroll in a masters degree programme for the academic year 2022.
Description of the Full Commonwealth Scholarship Grants 2021/2022
The Commonwealth Scholarship Grants is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). Intending to help outstanding and motivated students to achieve the knowledge and skills essential for sustainable development and at those who could not study in the UK otherwise.
Who can apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship Grants
The Full Commonwealth Scholarship Grants 2021/2022 are accessible to students from low- and middle-income Commonwealth nations who desire to pursue a full-time taught Master’s degree at a UK university.
The CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships, however you must first apply to one of the following nominating organisations.
The major avenue for applications is through national nominating agencies.
Various non-governmental and philanthropic organizations
Also, each nominating organization is in charge of its own selection procedure, which may include extra eligibility requirements. Check with your nominating body for detailed application procedures and restrictions, as well as their own qualifying criteria and application deadlines.
Besides many other applications necessary by your nominating authority, you must submit your application through the CSC’s online application system. Any applications that are not submitted through the CSC’s online application system will be rejected.
To guarantee that your application is eligible, you must submit a list of supporting documents. You must have the following:
- Evidence that you are a citizen or have refugee status in a Commonwealth country that is eligible: a copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) with your photo, birth date, and citizenship country posted to the application system on the internet
- Transcripts of all your higher education qualifications, including up-to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English)–uploaded to the online application system.
- Minimum of two personal reference must be submitted directly to the online application system by the referees (referees will be emailed request to submit online)
The CSC will not accept supporting material submitted by nominated agencies or outside the online application system.
In addition, please note that the CSC does not charge candidates or organizations to nominate candidates for any of its scholarships or fellowships through its online application system.
If you want to be given preference for one of these scholarships, you must:
- Be a British Protected Person or a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country who has been given refugee status.
- Be a permanent resident of a Commonwealth country that qualifies.
- Be ready to begin your academic studies in the UK by September 2022, the start of the UK academic year.
- Hold an upper second class (2:1) honours degree or a second class degree (2:2) plus an appropriate postgraduate diploma (typically a Master’s degree) by September 2022.
- A second Master’s degree in the United Kingdom would not be funded by the CSC. If you’re applying for a second Master’s degree in the United Kingdom, you’ll need to explain why you want to do so.
We understand that studying in UK may be expensive for international students, so without this scholarship you may not be able to study in the UK.
Acceptable Countries for the Commonwealth Scholarship Grants
Please be informed that only candidates from the eligible countries listed below can apply for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships in 2022:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- St Lucia
- The Gambia
Every year, the CSC invites chosen nominating bodies to submit a specific number of nominations. We will make the deadline for nominating bodies to submit nominations available from 22 September 2021.
Applications will be according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
- Application Deadline: The application are currently on and will close on 1 November 2021 so hurry and apply!
Applications must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 1 November 2021. References must be submitted by 16:00 (GMT) on 22 November 2021. The nomination deadline is 22 December 2021.
Also, you are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
These amazing scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependents, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed).
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,133 per month, or £1,390 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2021-2022 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable.
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £485 per month for the first child, and £120 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK (rates quoted at 2021-2022 levels).
- Also, if you declare a disability, a full assessment of your needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC. The CSC’s family allowances are intended to only be used as a contribution towards the cost of maintaining your family in the UK.
The true costs are likely to be considerably higher. You must be able to supplement these allowances to support any family members who come to the UK with you.
Kindly share this article to your family and friends through the various social media platforms