Application for the City of Cape Town External Bursaries is now open to outstanding South Africa who wish to enroll for their Undergraduate and Postgraduate. The bursary main objective at providing aspiring students with the means to further their studies within their chosen field.
The scholarship program covers capped allowance, the cost of registration, examinations and class fees for their formal studies. The program is happy to offer interested residents in Cape Town who are registered at accredited academic institutions in South Africa to apply for these external bursaries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): City of Cape Town
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Name of Institution(s): South African Institutions
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Scholarships: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: South Africans
Eligibility Criteria for the City of Cape Town External Bursaries
Applicant’s who are interested in the City of Cape Town External Bursaries must meet the following requirements;
- Candidates need to be South African citizens residing within the boundaries of Cape Town.
- Applicants should possess their Grade 12 final / mid-year results with an average of 65% and above.
- Must need to provide a copy of first, second or third year academic transcripts
- Must need to be registered for full-time study at an accredited tertiary institution and should be studying an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in one of the approved City of Cape Town scarce skills fields of study.
- Eligible Fields: Accounting (CA and Cost Management), Artisan Training, Auditing, Contract Management, Data Science/Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science), Economics, Engineering (Various fields, including Industrial Engineering), Environmental (Specialists, including Air Pollution and Water Quality), Fleet Management, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Heritage, Information Systems and Technology, Legal (Various fields), Nursing, Occupational Health & Safety, Project Management, Renewable Energy, Supply Chain Management, Technical Training/qualification in, Electricity/Energy/Refrigeration/Electronic/Process control and Operations, Transport Management, Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveying and Architecture, Municipal Finance Management Act Minimum Competence qualification, Public Accountability, Innovation.
Applicants should ensure they complete an online application form by the application deadline and provide all the required documents.
Application Deadline: 8th September 2022