Applications for The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is now open for Postgraduate applicants who wish to enroll for their degree.
The main objective of this program is to financially support applicants from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries wishing to study in Economics degree-awarding universities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): AERC
Scholarship Type: Full funding
Name of Institution(s): Participating universities in Africa
Scholarship Worth: Not stated
Number of Scholarships: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
To become eligible for the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC), applicants must meet the following criteria;
- Applicants must have applied and been admitted to any of the participating universities.
- Applicants must have obtained at least a Second Class Honors (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field from an accredited university.
- Applicants must have a Masters degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative methods and econometrics.
- Must have possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- Candidate’s evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC PhD Bridge Programme alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin
- Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
Interested applicants are expected to apply and submit their online application. Application cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidence of admission at any of the participating universities and certified copies of transcripts and certificates should be uploaded on these documents on AERC scholarship portal before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2023