ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program is accessible to foreign students from all over the globe who are interested to embark on postdoctoral research in Neuroscience and Multiple Sclerosis. The objective of ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program is to maximize the exchange of information and to help build a pool of well-trained research scientists focused on MS issues. Initially, it is expected that several fellowships will be awarded each year.
Deadline: December 1, 2020
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Study in: Europe
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- 1 or 2 years.
- Fellowships of smaller duration than 1 year will be considered only under special conditions, which must be thorough in the application process.
Benefits of ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program
Ectrims Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The fellowship will provide an annual stipend of €55’000 for all fellows.
- Expense from ECTRIMS will be made to the host institution, which will be considered the employer of the fellow. Stipends will be paid by the host institution to the fellow according to the institution’s own payment policies and schedules. Travel costs for relocation to the training location can be repaid directly to the fellow, upon submission of receipts to ECTRIMS.
- ECTRIMS will also offer economy round-trip transportation from the successful applicant’s residential location to the training site; travel costs for family members cannot be provided.
- The ECTRIMS grant must be used by the institution to pay the fellow’s allowance (“salary”) at the appropriate rate for the fellow’s stage of training. in case there is any remaining funds, the remainder of the grant can be utilized to back institutional social profits (health care coverage, pension, other benefits) that may be required by the institution.
- The anticipated fellow’s total wage and the expected fellow’s total social benefits expenses each year have to be specified by the host institution.
- If the complete allowance plus benefits surpasses the amount provided by the ECTRIMS award, it is the responsibility of the institution/ mentor to supplement the ECTRIMS award to cover the entire required expenses.
- If the yearly or prorated ECTRIMS grant is not enough for the total required expenses of the fellow (salary plus benefits), additional source(s) of funding that will be used to cover the total costs have to be listed.
- No extra support for travel, books, journal subscriptions, etc. will be given.
- It is anticipated that the actual research to be embarked on at the host institution will be supported by the host institution/mentor.
- Fellows will be anticipated to attend yearly ECTRIMS Congresses throughout the term of their fellowship and to make a presentation (at a young researcher’s section or elsewhere) on their funded research. ECTRIMS will distinctly fund travel and housing for Congress participation.
Eligibility for ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program
To be qualified for Ectrims Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program, candidates must meet the criteria below:
- Required Languages: According to the institution.
- Eligible Countries:All world countries
- Applicants must have gotten their advanced degree(s) before initiation of the fellowship.
- At the period of application fellows should have no beyond one year of prior postdoctoral training at the same host institution/mentor. More senior applicants may have not beyond than 5 years total of postdoctoral experience further than their final degree (PhD, MD, ScD or equivalent) at the time of application.
- Scientists and physicians who have or are applicants for an MD, PhD, ScD or equal professional degree are qualified.
- In general, successful candidates will be lower than 40 years of age at the time of application; exceptions under special circumstances will be considered.
- Applicants and their mentors must confirm that there will be no language barriers that will obstruct the training practice.
- Nationals of any nation are qualified to apply to this program; though, postdoctoral research training must be carried out in a European laboratory or clinic.
- After the fellowship period, it is anticipated, but not required, for the fellow to return to his/her original home institution for employment, to the extent possible. Post-fellowship career plans should be thorough as part of the application process.
Phases to Apply for ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program
Follow the steps below to apply for Ectrims Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program:
- Tick the “Apply Now” and generate an account.
- Fill the application form.
- The fellowship application should include the following documents:
- A shortened CV and bibliography of the candidate, not to surpass 5 pages. You have to utilize the form “biographical sketch” given by ECTRIMS, available in the online fellowship application system.
- A completed on-line application, available from the ECTRIMS web site (www.ectrims.eu).
- Applicant’s career plans (not to exceed one page).
- A research work abstract summary, not more than 250 words.
- A research work narrative, no more than 6 pages, as well as figures, tables and references.
- Candidate’s evidence (e.g. certificate) of local language knowledge..
To inquire further about ECTRIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Exchange Program, please visit Official Website.