OKP Scholarships at Eindhoven University of Technology is currently open. The Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands invites applications for the Orange Knowledge Program (OKP) Masters Scholarships at Eindhoven University of Technology in 2020.
The Orange Knowledge Program (previously referred to as Netherlands Fellowship Program (NFP)) is funded by the Dutch Ministry for Foreign Affairs through its Development Cooperation funds. The OKP target group recipients are mid-career professionals who are recommended by their employers.
The OKP aims to enhance the development of the aptitude, knowledge and quality of both individuals and also organisations both in the area of higher and vocational education and in other fields associated with the priority themes in the program nations. Each consulate has its own focus area to back the development objectives of the Netherlands in each OKP nation. The general objective is to spend 35% of the budget on scholarships and study programs in the priority areas of:
- food security
- sexual and reproductive health
- rights and safety
- rule of law.
Please be aware that most of the TU/e Master’s programs do not possess common ground with the concentration areas of the OKP program. This means that chances of gaining an OKP scholarship award for a TU/e Master’s program are comparatively small.
Precedence is given to female applicants and to applicants coming from sub-Saharan Africa.
Benefits of OKP Scholarships at Eindhoven University of Technology
- The OKP Scholarships at Eindhoven University of Technology is meant as a contribution towards expense of living, international voyage, visas, tuition fee, health insurance and thesis research.
- Scholarships are granted for the duration of the Master’s program.
Eligibility for OKP Scholarships at Eindhoven University of Technology
- Candidates first have to obtain unconditional admission to a qualified TU/e master’s program. The admission procedure for TU/e Master programs takes around 6 weeks.
- Applicants starting the application process for admission to a TU/e Master’s program after 1 Februar are not evaluated in time for the OKP closing date of 1 April, thus are not eligible for an OKP scholarship award.
- Applicants who are not granted admission to a TU/e master’s program should not fill out the online registration form.
- Candidates are required to be professionals and nationals of one of the 51 chosen nations (see ‘Eligible nations).
- Candidate must possess an employer’s statement that meet the terms of the format Nuffic has provided. All information have to be provided and all obligations that are included in the format have to be endorsed in the statement;
- Candidates should not be employed by an organization that has its own methods of staff-development;
- Candidates should possess an official passport which is valid for a minimum of 3 more months when applying for a fellowship;
- Candidates should not accept more than one fellowship for programs that take place at the same time;
- Candidates should possess a government statement that meets the conditions of the nation in which the employer is established (if applicable).
- Applicants must have sufficient mastery of the English language.
How to Apply for OKP Scholarships at Eindhoven University of Technology
- An applicant first has to obtain unconditional admission to a qualified TU/e master’s program. The admission process for TU/e master programs takes around 6 weeks. Candidates who are not admitted to a TU/e master’s program should not use the online registration form. Specify on your TU/e application form that you are putting in for OKP.
- An applicant is required to use the online candidate registration form to submit an application for an OKP fellowship.
- As of the start of February, the online registration form is obtainable for OKP candidates applying for the April closing date. The application has to be completed and submitted online via the applicant registration form before the fellowship application closing date. Please specify your TU/e registration number (student number) on the applicant registration form.
- If an applicant is admitted to a TU/e master’s degree program, the institution will decide which applicant will be given consideration for an OKP fellowship. Nominees will then be checked by the embassy on the eligibility criteria which are:
- How well you would be able to apply the newly-attained knowledge in your daily work
- To what degree the knowledge will add to the development of your home nation. Your application will be evaluated according to the nation focus an embassy may have set
- How well your plans for the period after going back to your employer are expressed and how easily they can be applied
TU/e will notify you about the result of the selection by email. If your application is successful, they will get in touch with you by email to make all required (logistical) arrangements.
OKP Scholarships at Eindhoven University of Technology application Deadline
Students are therefore strongly advised to start the application procedure for admission to a TU/e master’s program as early as possible and no later than:
- 1 February for the fellowship application deadline of 1 April
- 1 May for the fellowship application deadline of 1 August
OKP Scholarships at Eindhoven University of Technology applications after this date will not be evaluated in time for the OKP closing date. Click here for more details and to apply