Pursue your studies abroad. Good news! Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program, its benefits and step by step application process.
The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program 2021 is a funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for postgraduate studies. Around 300 scholarships are awarded annually. This scholarship includes full tuition fees, monthly allowance for expenses, housing, books and instructional materials, medical insurance, travel expenses.
The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program provides the recipient with Full tuition fees, Housing allowance, A monthly Stipend, An allowance for books and instructional materials, Travel expenses and Medical insurance. Upon conclusion of their study programs, candidates are required to add to the economic and social development of their home nations.
ADB-JSP is offered for following postgraduate programs
- Natural resource management
- Science and technology
- Other development-related fields.
Number of Scholarships:
About 300 scholarships are awarded annually.
Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program Benefits
The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees
- Housing allowance
- A monthly Stipend
- An allowance for books and instructional materials
- Travel expenses.
- Medical insurance
Eligibility Conditions for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
Listed below are the eligibility conditions for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Nations: The scholarship awards are available to nationals ofADB’s borrowing member countries
- A citizen of an ADB borrowing member nation (candidates from nations that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not qualified for the ADB-JSP Scholarship award).
- A bachelor’s degree program or its equivalent with excellent academic record.
- Obtained admission to an approved MA/PhD program at an academic institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years of full-time working experience (gained after a university degree) at the period of application. Adeptness in oral and written English communication skills to be able to engage in studies.
- In good health.
- Not over 35 years old at the period of application. In special cases, for programs which are suitable for senior officials and managers, the maximum age is 45 years old.
- Should agree to go back to his/her home nation after conclusion of schooling under the Program.
- Personnel of academic institutions are not qualified for the Scholarship award.
- Alternate Directors, Executive Directors, management and personnel of ADB, consultants, and families of the aforementioned are not qualified for the Scholarship.
- Candidates residing or working in a nation other than his/her home nation are not qualified for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not fund undergraduate education, short-term training, distance learning programs, seminars, conferences, thesis writing, and research projects.
- ADB-JSP does not fund candidates who are already registered in graduate degree programs.
Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program – How to Apply
Please keep to the following application guidelines to submit an application for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program:
- Following are the required documents:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet.
- Certificate of Employment for the length of employment supplied by the organization.
- Academic credentials – both academic records and degree certificates.
- Certificate of Income issued by the company.
- Copy of your Passport.
- Certificate of Family Income supplied by the organization. Has to be either your parents or spouses yearly/monthly income.
- Valid IELTS test.
- Read the application procedure here.
- You are required to send applications for scholarship awards at least six months before the planned time that you aim to start studies. Please check thenormal month of intake and closing date of application in the participating academic institutions.
To submit an application and know more about Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program, please check the link provided: Official Website