Good news! ACI Foundation Scholarship is currently open. ACI Foundation Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship or fellowship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate, masters, PhD and Postdoctoral studies. This scholarship provides $10,000 – $15,000 US educational stipend for tuition, residence, books, and materials.
The ACI Foundation is a non-profit organization set up by the American Concrete Institute to support advancement, innovation and cooperation through support for studies and scholarships, while also serving as an autonomous resource to provide thoughtful management and strategic direction to the concrete sector.
Centered on essays, given information and endorsements, the ACI Foundation Scholarship Council will pick scholarship recipients and fellowship recipients who appear to have the greatest mixture of interest and potential for professional achievement in the specific sector.
Deadline: November 2, 2020
Institution(s): ACI Foundation
Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Postdoctoral
Study in: New York, USA
- Material programs
- Not mentioned
- The Student Fellowship beneficiaries are qualified to apply and compete for these awards on a yearly basis, but must reapply every year, so long as they are still qualified.
Benefits of ACI Foundation Scholarship
ACI Foundation Scholarship / Fellowships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- $10,000 – $15,000 US educational stipend for tuition, residence, books, and materials;
- Funded travel expenses and attendance dues to two ACI conventions (fellowship finalists must attend the Spring ACI Convention to be interviewed where they have the option of being assigned a Convention Guide);
- Assistance in finding an industry mentor.
Eligibility for ACI Foundation Scholarship
To be eligible for ACI Foundation Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
If English is not your local language; a written statement must be attached to the application attesting this proficiency.
- Eligible Countries:
- All world countries
- ACI Foundation Fellowships can be given to anyone from any country; but, you must attend a university in the Gulf Cooperation Council region during the award year (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates).
- Those candidates chosen as a finalist for an ACI Foundation Fellowship will be informed by February 4, 2019, and must be around to attend an interview with the Scholarship Council on Sunday, 24th of March, 2019, at the ACI Spring Convention. ACI will finance the flight, hotel, registration, and will add an allowance. You must apply and get a visa from your country in order to attend the ACI Convention.
- The educational allowance is paid in two equal installments through the course of one year straight to the student to cover expenditures related to tuition, room and board, books, student fees, etc. Receipt of stipends is liable upon being present at scheduled ACI Conventions during the award year.
- Fellowship beneficiaries are expected to submit a written report close to the conclusion of their fellowship period describing the importance of the Fellowship to their growth and to their preparation for their selected career after graduation.
- For more information click here
What to know before you get started:
- Every student is limited for the period of their studies to getting not beyond one fellowship and one scholarship from the ACI Foundation.
- One single online application form will be utilized for all the fellowships and scholarships. After answering some qualifying questions, the form will automatically display the fellowships and scholarships for which you may be eligible. Before beginning the application, have the answers ready for these questions:
- Have you ever gotten a fellowship or scholarship award from the ACI Foundation?
- When submitting the application, what is your current academic status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- When the award year begins in Fall 2021, what will your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- (Fellowship candidates only) Following the application season, can you attend an interview at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 28, 2021 Travel, registration, and lodging preparations will be done through and paid for by the ACI Foundation.
- (For certain fellowships) Can you fulfill a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2021?
- For the entire school term (fall semester 2021 through spring semester 2022), you must be a full-time student for the entire school year.
- All applicants must submit the following five items:
- Applicant’s contact and educational information.
- A resume.
- A 500-word essay.
How to Apply for ACI Foundation Scholarship
Here is the step to avail ACI Foundation Fellowship:
- Provide your ACI Middle East Fellowship application here
- To know the transcripts requirements, pleaseclick here.
To inquire further about ACI Foundation Fellowships, please visit Official Website.