The YSEALI Professional Fellowship Awards is now available for all outstanding and deserving students who wish to enroll into a fellowship programme. The study program is provided by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United State Department of the States.
Description of the YSEALI Professional Fellowship Awards, 2021/2022
The Young Southeast Asia Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program (YSEALI PFP) is a fully financed exchange program run by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State.
The YSEALI PFP allows rising leaders from Southeast Asia to spend five to six weeks in the United States getting professional experience at non-profit, public, or commercial sector organizations.
The program seeks to foster mutual understanding, improve Fellows’ leadership and professional abilities, and establish long-term and sustainable collaborations between Southeast Asia and American young leaders. Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Governance and Society, and Sustainable Development and the Environment are the four Institute themes that they organize YSEALI PFP on.
YSEALI PFP is available to professionals age 25-35 from any of the eleven YSEALI countries.
Eligible Criteria for the Fellowship Awards
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be a citizen of one of the eleven YSEALI countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam. Applicants who do not live in one of the eleven qualifying countries or who are on a long-term program will not be accepted.
- Then they must be an up-and-coming leader in government, civic society, or the corporate sector who has shown knowledge in the field to which he or she is applying
- At the time of application, you must be employed and have at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Age range between 25 and 35 years old at the start of the program (born on/after March 1, 1986, and no later than March 1, 1997).
- Must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting.
- Ability to identify a personal goal or project that the applicant would like to implement in their own workplace or community.
- Have shown proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Have shown leadership and collaborative skills.
Merits of the YSEALI Professional Fellowship Awards, 2021/2022
Successful candidates who are chosen as a finalist, the US Department of State will pay for your foreign airfare, visa, and basic living expenses in the United States. The chosen Fellows are not required to pay any fees.
Application Deadline: 15 November 2021
What’s your opinion about this article? If you find it beneficial, please share to your family and friends via the various social media platforms.