The Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships gives opportunity to nationals of low-income and middle-income nations the opportunity to receive training at Master’s degree level.
Application Deadline: 1st September 2020, 17:00 BST
Eligible Countries: Low and Middle Income Countries
To be taken at (country): UK
About Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships: Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships reinforces scientific academic research capacity in low-middle and middle-income nations, by rendering support to young/juniour researchers to get research experience and good research training at Masters Degree level.
Research projects should be directed at understanding and the control of diseases (either human or animal) of importance to local, national or global health. This can comprise of laboratory centered molecular analysis of field or clinical samples, but projects focused solely on studies in vitro or using animal models will not normally be considered under this scheme.
Type: Masters, Fellowship
Eligibility for Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships
Interested candidate should apply if they:
- are a citizen of a low-income or middle-income country
- possess a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a field germane to public health or tropical medicine.
You must also:
- be at the early phase in your career with limited research experience (but you must have a demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research)
- have funding from an eligible host organization in a low-income or middle-income country
- have a study proposal that is within our public health and tropical medicine remit.
Candidate cannot apply if they are:
- planning to stay in the UK, Republic of Ireland or any other high-income country(opens in a new tab) (although your taught course can be anywhere in the world).
- an academic researcher in India – instead see the Wellcome Trust/Department of Biotechnology India Alliance (opens in a new tab).
- currently applying for another Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships.
- the quality and relevance of your academic research question(s)
- the feasibility of your approach to solving these problems
- the suitability of your choice of research environments
- the suitability of the Master’s program you pick – it should take place at a renowned centre of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your academic research project.
Benefits of Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships
£120,000 including studentship stipend, salary, fees and research expenses.
Duration: Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships normally provides up to 30 months’ support. A period of one year (12 months) should usually be devoted to undertaking a taught Masters course at a renowned centre of excellence, combined with up to 18 months to carry out a research project.
Qualified African Countries: Algeria, Angola, Nicaragua, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Seychelles, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Dem. Rep. , Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Congo, Nigeria, Federation Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey , Uganda, Ukraine, Rep. Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Other Countries Qualified for Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships are: Afghanistan, Albania, American Samoa, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Comoros, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Arab Rep., Fiji, The Georgia, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz, Republic Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Maldives, Micronesia, Mexico, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mayotte, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Russian, Romania, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Serbia, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis St. Lucia St. ,Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Syrian, Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza Yemen,
How to Apply for the Wellcome Trust International Masters Fellowships
Visit link below:
Scholarship Webpage for details