The Slovak Government is providing the Slovak Government National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic for the support of mobility of students, university teachers, PhD candidates, researchers and artists.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2020 (16:00 CET)
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Slovakia
About the Award: The Slovak Government National Scholarship aids the mobility of foreign students, university teachers, PhD students, researchers and artists for scholarship stays at higher education institutions and research organizations in Slovakia.
Type: Short Courses/Training
Eligibility for Slovak Government National Scholarship
Qualified applicants for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP:
A) students who:
- are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already finished at least two and half years of their university education in the same study program;
- will be on a study stay in Slovakia at the time of their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be granted admission by a public, private or state academic institution in Slovakia for an academic mobility to school in Slovakia.
All three conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (PhD) studies (or their equivalent).
B) PhD candidates whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are granted admission by a public, private or state academic or a research institution in Slovakia qualified to undergo a doctoral study program (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility to conduct/study research in Slovakia.
C) Foreign researchers, university lecturers, and artists who are invited to a research/teaching/artistic stay in Slovakia by an academic institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to undergo development and research, which is not a business company and it has its headquarters in Slovakia.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of Slovak Government National Scholarship
The Slovak Government National Scholarship is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the expenses related to staying in Slovakia (accommodation, food, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research institutions in Slovakia. The Slovak Government National Scholarship beneficiary can request for aid regarding accommodation and formalities, related to getting into and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic, either his/her host institution or he/she can handle all the necessities him/herself.
Furthermore, students and PhD students (qualified candidates under the category A) and B) can be granted a travel allowance, if they apply for it together with their scholarship award application.
Duration of Slovak Government National Scholarship:
- Period of a scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or 1 – 3 trimesters, in the event that the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 to 4 or 6 to 7 or 9 to 10 months).
- Period of a scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
- Period of a scholarship stay (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
How to Apply for Slovak Government National Scholarship
Scholarship applications are submitted online at www.scholarships.sk. Online application system is opened at least six (6) weeks earlier to the application deadline. Applications can be filled in only in case that the online application system has already been opened.
Applicants must fill in their online applications and upload each and every mandatory attachment in required format to their online application. It is compulsory to go through the Application Procedure in the Program Webpage (Link below) before applying.
Visit Programme Webpage for Details
Important Notes: Applicants are recommended not to submit their applications at the last moment of application duration. Number of operations executed within the last minutes before the application deadline might have an influence on the reaction time of the application system. Please, ensure to keep that in mind, so as not to miss the application deadline.