The University of Hasselt in Belgium is glad to announce a study award program called ICP Master of Transportation. Qualified and outstanding students who wish to acquire a higher degree abroad are welcome to apply for this programme. The fully funded scholarship application is open for the academic year 2021/2022.
Description of the University of Hasselt ICP Master of Transportation Awards 2021/2022
The ICP “Master of Transportation Sciences–Road Safety in Low and Middle-Income Countries” is a two-year multidisciplinary master’s program with an exceptional focus and approach to road safety in low and middle-income countries. VLIR UOS is a supporter of the program and offers 12 scholarships each year.
The Old Prison (Oude Gevangenis) on Hasselt Campus is where Hasselt University’s offices are located. This building in Hasselt’s Martelarenlaan is the first place to go when you first enrol at the institution and for all student administration relations. The aspirants are required to have a reasonable command of the English language, both passively and active.
The ICP scholarship students follow a specific track within our Master of Transportation Sciences with a focus on Road Safety in Low & Middle-Income Countries. Cases will be tailored to their needs and input. Master’s thesis and internship are also related to a topic relevant to the South and the future careers of the graduates.
|Transport systems & transport policy: an introduction||6|
|Introduction to transportation research||6|
|Study Visit & International Topics||6|
|Traffic and travel behaviour||6|
|Environmental economic evaluation of transportation policy||6|
|In-depth crash investigation||6|
|Intelligent Transportation Systems||6|
|Road safety in low- and middle-income countries||6|
|Road safety evaluation: methods and applications||6|
|Strategic project analysis||6|
|Master thesis part 1||12|
|Master thesis part 2||18|
Scholarship Benefits for the University of Hasselt ICP Master of Transportation Awards
- Monthly allowance: €1150/month (for the cost of meals, transport, personal expenses, and accommodation)
- one time payment for indirect travel costs: €150
- one time payment for logistical allowance: €850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Number of Scholarships Available
The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) provides 12 scholarships for our Master’s programme, “Master of Transportation Sciences–Road Safety in Low & Middle-Income Countries”.
Qualified Countries for the ICP Master of Transportation Awards 2021/2022
Applicants must be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Candidates should have at least an academic bachelor’s degree in one of the following course area:
- Behavioural sciences: psychology, sociology
- Political and social sciences
- Mathematical and statistical sciences
- Economy, transport economy
- Transport or traffic planning, urban planning or design, geography, (urban) architecture.
English Language Requirements
The seekers are expected to have both a passive and active command of the English language at a reasonable level. The applicants should be able to follow ex-cathedra lessons, take notes and present some case studies themselves. Proof of English proficiency has to be submitted. This can be one or more of the below:
- One year extensive English-based instruction at a university or recognized equivalent
- Passed for a TOEFL test (min. score 550 PBT, 213 CBT or 79 IBT)
- Passed for IELTS test (min. overall band score of 6.0)
- Passed another English test of a similar level as TOEFL or IELTS
Note: Age: The maximum age for a master programme scholarship is 35 (on 1st January 2022).
Application Deadline: Closing date for applying is February 2022
Sharing is Caring!