There is an exclusive educational opportunity for Vietnamese students who wish to study abroad. The IDEAS Master Scholarship is offered by the Embassy of Ireland in Vietnam. Interested and high achieving students who intend to earn a higher degree are welcome to apply for this study award whose application runs through the academic year 2021/2022.
- 1 Description of the IDEAS Master Scholarship Application 2021/2022
- 2 Application Link
Description of the IDEAS Master Scholarship Application 2021/2022
The IDEAS Scholarship Program’s goal is to give brilliant applicants the chance to further their education and professional development in Ireland so that they can contribute to Vietnam’s future development.
With a population of nearly 88 million people and an area four times the size of Ireland, Vietnam ranks 121st out of 187 nations on the 2014 UN Human Development Index, compared to Ireland’s 11th place.
Through Irish Aid, Ireland has worked with Vietnam to reduce poverty and inequality by executing programs aimed at improving the delivery of basic services and social protection to the poorest and most vulnerable members of society, as well as promoting inclusive economic development, private sector growth, and increased government accountability to its citizens.
- Degree Level: Scholarships are available to undertake Master degree programs at Irish higher education institutions.
- Available Subjects: Scholarships are awarded to study the following courses:
- Agriculture and Rural Development, Environmental Science
- Food Science
- Pharmacy and Biotechnology
- Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology
- Information and Communication Technology
- Management, and Business Related
- Economics, Finance and Accounting
Others: Tourism and Hospitality Management, Interactive Digital Media, Creative Practice, Public Relations
- Number of Scholarships Available: There are about 30 fully funded scholarships available to be awarded to each winning student
- Nationality: Only Vietnam residents are eligible to apply for this award.
Eligibility Requirements for the IDEAS Master Scholarship Application 2021/2022
- Acceptable Countries: Vietnamese Applicants
- Entry Requirements: Applicants must have at least minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience after undergraduate education.
- Admission Requirements: Academic qualifications required by your chosen course
- Language Requirements: English: IELTS: 6.5 overall (Academic); no band under 6.
IELTS results must be only 24 months old by 1st September 2022. TOEFL certificate is not accepted.
English language requirements can vary across courses and institutions, with some courses stipulating minimum scores in each band. Please check the specific requirements of your chosen course on the course webpage. Please note that an IELTS certificate will still be required even if an applicant has studied in English at the undergraduate level, as evidence of language proficiency may still be required when applying to courses in Ireland.
Be able to show a firm commitment to the development of their home country on completion of studies.
Be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year for which it is offered.
Provide a letter of reference from the employer.
Meet any relevant procedural requirements of the Government of Vietnam.
Scholarship Benefits of the Vietnam IDEAS Master Scholarship Application
The Scholarship programme will cover visa fees, international airfares, full tuition fees, public health insurance, monthly stipend to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, settling-in allowance, and books. Scholarships are for individuals for full-time study of up 12 months’ duration for master’s programmes.
Application Procedure for the IDEAS Master Scholarship 2021/2022
To apply, please fill in the attached application form.
A completed application package should include the following documents listed in order:
- Your CV (maximum 2 pages).
- A certified copy of academic transcript and degree.
- Letters from two academic referees with original signatures (no e-signatures).
- A certified copy of English language abilities
- Copy of your passport (identity page only) and Vietnamese identity card, each on A4 sized paper
- One letter of reference from your employer.
- Three copies of the completed application form, available at www.embassyofireland.vn (go to News & Events), should be submitted
If you have benefitted from this article kindly share to your loved ones using the share button on this website.