Good news! Standard Chartered Bank/iBizAfrica Women-in-Tech Incubator Program is currently open.iBizAfrica together with Standard Chartered KE is accepting applications for women-led startups utilizing technology to drive their business. The program combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide a holistic startup incubation program focusing on immersive learning, mentorship & coaching, seed financing and business to business linkages for high potential startups tackling the continent’s most relevant challenges.
Standard Chartered Bank/iBizAfrica Women-in-Tech Incubator Program Application Deadline: 13th December 2020
The Standard Chartered Women program for female founded businesses, aligning with encouragement for more diversity in technology, entrepreneurship and for further opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence. The program is an inventive of Standard Chartered in partnership with @iBizAfrica Centre, Strathmore University.
They are a foremost international banking group, with around 84,000 employees and a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets. They bank the people and establishments driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Their legacy and standards are expressed in our brand promise, Here for good. Standard Chartered PLC is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges and the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
Eligibility for Standard Chartered Bank/iBizAfrica Women-in-Tech Incubator Program
1. Must be based in Kenya
2. Must be innovation driven, leveraging on technology and new business models.
3. Must be a female founded business i.e. the female founder must have a majority stake in the company.
4. Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the sustainable development goals.
5. Must have been operational for more than 3 months
6. Seeking assistance for evidence of concept, customer, product and business model development.
7. Pre-revenue with early traction (users).
8. Post revenue is an added advantage.
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be Taken at (Country): Kenya
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of Standard Chartered Bank/iBizAfrica Women-in-Tech Incubator Program
1. Opportunity to acquire seed financing of 10,000 USD for high potential businesses ONLY
2. 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
3. Access to a leading network of experts across a vast array of sectors
4. Access to B2B matching opportunities
5. Personalized mentorship and coaching sessions to address your unique business needs
6. Opportunity to join supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
You will learn the following:
1.Prototyping and MVP Development
2.Investor Preparedness and Deal Structuring
4.Customer Discovery and Validation
7.Financial Modeling and Management
8.Sales and Marketing
9.Intellectual Property, Legal Processes and Structures
Businesses solving for any of the 17 SDGs with operations within, but not limited to the following areas are qualified to apply for the program;
- Information Technology
- Financial Services
Duration of Award:
- The program is starting on 20th January 2021
- The incubation period is 12 weeks
How to Apply for Standard Chartered Bank/iBizAfrica Women-in-Tech Incubator Program
The application form can be accessed here Here
- It is significant to go through all application prerequisite in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
- GOODLUCK as you apply for Standard Chartered Bank/iBizAfrica Women-in-Tech Incubator Program
Coaching sessions are one to one meetings with in-house coaches designed to address unique company needs. Tailored sessions include;
●Pitching and presentation
●Prototyping and MVP Development
●Financial Modeling and Budgeting
●Deal Structuring and Negotiation
●Sales and Marketing
●Designing customer discovery and validation experiments
●Intellectual Property, Legal processes and structures
The program combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide a holistic startup incubation program focusing on immersive learning, mentorship & coaching, seed financing and business to business linkages for high potential startups tackling the continent’s most relevant challenges.
Visit Award Webpage for Details on Standard Chartered Bank/iBizAfrica Women-in-Tech Incubator Program.