Skoll MBA Scholarship – Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship provides Sponsored Scholarship Program for MBA in Social Entrepreneurship, at Said Business School, Oxford University UK.
Application Deadline: 8th January 2021 (at the latest)
Eligible Countries: International
Institution: Said Business School, University of Oxford, UK
Subject Areas: MBA, Management Studies in Social Entrepreneurship
Number of Scholarships: No more than five scholarships will be awarded in any year.
It is a competitive scholarship for arriving MBA students who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. Skoll MBA Scholarshipprovides funding and exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and investors. The moment students are selected; these students are known as Skoll Skollars.
Skoll MBA Scholarshipprovides tuition for businesspersons who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial endeavors with a social purpose, and who wish to advance their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more operational in their subsequent social change pursuits.
Skoll MBA Scholarshipis awarded in recognition that the MBA may represent a noteworthy monetary burden, particularly for those who have decided to work in social ventures rather than the commercial or public sectors.
Eligibility for Skoll MBA Scholarship
To be selected, you need to fulfill the criteria below:
- All the candidates are required to take the GMAT test for entry to Oxford’s MBA program.
- Applicants whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English speaking University are expected to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
- Show evidence of need for financial support.
By the time the applicants apply for the MBA, they must have spent preferably minimum of 3 years either:
- starting and developing a social venture;
- OR leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or program within an organization;
- OR pursuing positive change as an impact career professional, i.e. individual who has utilized entrepreneurial methods to address the same social/environmental issue, with a clear core thread that unites his/her work.
- In each of these 3 cases, candidates should be able to describe the outcomes/impact that has been created as a result of their work.
- Candidates will have used entrepreneurial methods to pinpoint opportunities, taken action to positively shift the status quo, and produced proven effect that contributes to rectifying unjust systems and practices in their chosen fields.
- Applicants must show evidence of personal qualitiesstrongly resonating with entrepreneurial leadership, and explain how these have influenced their career path thus far. These qualities include:
- Single-mindedness and persistence in pursuit of a social/environmental benefit goal, including a willingness to face failure and start again;
- A preference towards action instead of reflection on an issue and a willingness to apprentice with a problem* if they are tackling a hurdle they didn’t personally live;
- A tendency to explore the environment for opportunities and resources;
- A willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks;
- A propensity to develop networks and draw upon their members to pursue mutual goals.
- Candidates must demonstrate how a business education can contribute to the wider development of their work. They will need to explain the reason a business degree at this phase of their career path can help them amplify their impact.
- Applicants must show some proof of their needfor the Scholarship award. This may be showed, for example, in former work experiences or personal backgrounds which make self-funding the MBA a significant financial burden.
Benefits of Skoll MBA Scholarship
- Skoll MBA Scholarshipcovers the full costs of tuition and college fees for the MBA prograe at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. The Scholarship also covers partial living expenses.
- In addition to monetary assistance, the Scholarship offers access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively changing the world through innovation and systems change, and exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
How to Apply for Skoll MBA Scholarship
In order to apply for the Skoll MBA Scholarship,you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA program. To be formally considered for a Skoll MBA Scholarship, you need to state your interest in the “Scholarships” section of the MBA application form. Do this by checking the box next to “Skoll”.
When your MBA application is submitted, the MBA admissions team will first assess your application to ensure that you meet the academic requirements sought by the school. If you are accepted onto the program, you will be sent an essay question that needs to be completed.
The Skoll Centre will then go through your application for the scholarship. A concluding decision will be made after a phone interview.
To inquire further about Skoll MBA ScholarshipVisit Scholarship Webpage for Details