Good news! SBW Berlin Scholarship is currently open for international students. SBW Berlin Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate and master’s studies. SBW Berlin Scholarship offers 100% tuition fees waiver, monthly stipend, accommodation and travel allowance and many more benefits.
SBW Berlin funds educational projects all over the globe. We award our scholarships for Bachelor’s and Master’s program in Berlin and Potsdam on the basis of the student’s academic qualifications, personal aptitudes and social needs. In general, all scientific and artistic disciplines can be funded. In special cases we also assist vocational training in Berlin or Potsdam. Funding of studies in your home country or in other German federal states is excluded.
Deadline: June 30 / December 31 (Annually)
Institution(s): SBW Berlin
Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
Study in: Germany
- All fields
It is according to the selected program.
Benefits of SBW Berlin Scholarship
SBW Berlin Scholarship provides the recipient with below benefits:
- SBW Berlin covers the essential living expenses of the scholarship beneficiary for the period of their scholarship. A full scholarship includes:
- A room in our shared student flats in Berlin
- Cost-of-living allowance in the amount calculated in section IX.
- Tuition fees
- Probably also a travel allowance for your trip to Berlin before the commencement of your studies and for the journey home after you have finished your studies
Eligibility for SBW Berlin Scholarship
To qualify for SBW Berlin Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language:English.
- Eligible Countries:All world countries.
- Age Limitation: 18-30 years old
- Applicants should be before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second or max. third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a Master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree. Average grades correspond with a German grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Applicants who are able to prove a relatively low net income. The total household income of the applicants does not exceed the average income which has been officially stated for their home country. The income of all household members and all sources of income of the family (e.g. from employment, business activities, property, child benefit or pensions) will be taken into account.
- Extra-curricular Activities Experience: Applicants who have professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector.
How to Apply for SBW Berlin Scholarship
Please follow the application instructions below to apply for this scholarship.
Note: You should have admission, acceptance or evidence of eligibility to a university in Berlin or Potsdam.
- Fill in the application form.
- Fill in your personal and contact information and add your photograph.
- Provide information about your current and previous education.
- Provide information about the following:
- Your parents and members of your household.
- Most recent school or university certificate
- Highest school leaving certificate
- Highest obtained university degree
- Current occupation and desired career
- Training, in case of applications for vocational training
- Internships and professional experience
- Your skills, hobbies and interests
- Travel abroad experience
- Volunteering experience
- Include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (1 or 2 pages long)
- Copy of your last school or university certificate that shows your grade point average
and a grade overview
- copy of your highest academic degree (high school diploma or university certificate) with
your grade point average and a grade overview
If available, copies of the following documents as well:
- University admission or evidence of your qualification for university entrance
- Copy of an internationally recognized language certificate for the language in which your
studies will be taught
- All previous work, training, apprenticeship and internship certificates and references
- If you have already started studying: all so far obtained university certificates and records
of achievements (graded and ungraded)
We recommend all applicants to submit the following additional documents, which are not
- One or two letters of recommendation from professors, schoolteachers, employers, etc.
- Evidence of the net household income
Note: Non-certified copies and translations are sufficient for the application. If the applicant successfully passes the selection process, certified copies of some of those documents will be required during the verification process.
(6) The application and all enclosed certificates and supporting documents must be submitted in
German or English via email to [email protected]
The final decision whether a scholarship (starting the following semester) will be granted can be
expected at the beginning of February respectively the beginning of August of each year.
To inquire about about SBW Berlin Scholarship, please visit Official Website