Québec Government Merit Scholarship Program is made available for Foreign Students (PBEEE) to support the internationalization of academic research activities in Québec’s educational institutions of higher education, to attract the best international researchers and students, and to promote overseas Québec universities and College Centres for the Transfer of Technologies (CCTT).
Application Deadline: 1st November, 2020, 4 PM
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Universities in Québec, Canada
About the Award: The Québec Government Merit Scholarship Programcovers higher education as a whole by giving to the CCTT researchers and administrators the opportunity to participate.
In a more general way, the ascription of academic scholarships for international scholars purposes at creating cultural links and give opportunity for the setting up of possible common scientific research projects.
The platform also symbolizes an instrument for the MEES to back the Government of Québec’s scientific policy.
The Merit Scholarship Programs provided by the Government for Foreign Students has three components:
- Doctoral research academic scholarships (V1, 1B, 1C, 1I, 1IS, 1M, 1W);
- Postdoctoral academic scholarships (V2, 2B, 2C, 2I, 2M);
- Short-range research or professional development academic scholarships (V3, 3B, 3C, 3I, 3IS, 3M, 3W)
Type: Doctoral, Research, Postdoctoral
Eligibility for Québec Government Merit Scholarship Program
These academic scholarships are proposed for foreign students or academic researchers from all research sectors (health, humanities and social sciences, natural sciences, arts and letters, and engineering) preselected by a Québec university, Synchronex, the China Scholarship Council known as (CSC), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico (SRE) or the National Council on Science and Technology of Mexico (CONACYT) to strat or carry on academic studies or research activities in Québec. There is no privileged research sector.
Selection Criteria: Candidates:
- Must satisfy all eligibility conditions at the final date of the competition (a different final date has to be established for the students preselected by CSC).
- Surely should have been preselected by a university or Synchronex (a CCTT).
- For the Québec-China academic scholarship, should have been preselected by the CSC.
- Should not have already received a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Scholars from MEES, FRQNT or theFonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC).
- Should not be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Should not have applied for permanent resident status under Canadian immigration law.
Restriction for programs of study
- Dual doctoral degree programs are not qualified.
- Québec-Wallonia academic scholarship candidates must have formerly studied in a French-language university-level institution in Belgium by the time they are given their scholarship.
Doctoral research scholarship recipients must:
- Have a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) issued by the ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion du Québec and a study permit issued by the Canadian Consulate effective for the entire period of their scholarship.
Postdoctoral scholarship recipients must:
- Possess a work permit given by the Canadian Consulate for the entire period of their academic scholarship.
Short-term research or professional development scholarship (recipients must:
- Possess a temporary or short time resident visa or electronic travel authorization to come to Canada. Further information concerning this is available at this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-nopermit-result.asp?q1_options=24
Number of Awards: Not specified (There are no quotas per country)
Benefits of Québec Government Merit Scholarship Program
- Doctoral research scholarships: $25,000 a year. The period of the academic scholarship is three (3) years, with a possible extension/extra time of up to twelve (12) months (monthly allowance of $1,000).
- Postdoctoral scholarships: $35,000 for one year (cannot be renewed).
- Short-term academic research or professional development scholarships: $3,000 monthly for a period of up to four months.
- Furthermore to the academic scholarship, MEES gives all scholarship receivers an exclusion from paying the higher tuition fees required for international students and the medical insurance coverage given by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
Duration of Québec Government Merit Scholarship Program
- Doctoral research scholarships: The highest length of the academic scholarship is three (3) years (nine semesters), with a possible extension/extra time of up to 1 year (12 months).
- Postdoctoral scholarships: The period of this scholarship is one year (12 months). This scholarship is not renewable.
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships: The perios of this scholarship is four (4) months. The scholarship is not renewable. A scholarship of lesser period can be given if the period of the research is less than four (4) months.
How to Apply for Québec Government Merit Scholarship Program
Apply in link below
- It is essential to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before you apply. GOODLUCK