Good news! Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Pretoria is currently open. The FSNet-Africa hosted by the University of Pretoria, South Africa, is presenting a one-year postdoctoral fellowship beginning January 2021, with the likelihood of renewal for an additional 2 years, reliant on on satisfactory performance.
Application Deadline: 4th December 2020
The Postdoctoral fellow will mainly back the FSNet-Africa team’s quantitative research activities, in addition to monitoring and assessment efforts. The individual will be liable for, inter alia, design and administration of online surveys, analysis of survey data and other quantitative research data, and the development of technical and non-technical reports and data visualizations from the above-mentioned. The individual will support with the collection of project monitoring data, the collation and cleaning of monitoring data and reporting of data to project funders under the guidance of the FSNet-Africa Senior Learning Lead.
The individual will add to, and co-author, academic publications with the research team. The project provides chances to partake of the development of further funding proposals.
The individual will offer similar support – on a limited basis – to the project principal investigator (PI) and senior researchers on other research projects led by the PI.
Eligibility for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Pretoria
- A PhD acquired in the past five years.
- Experience in quantitative data analysis and thorough knowledge of statistical analysis methods.
- Advanced expertise in utilizing SPSS, R, Python or alike tools for data analysis.
- Proficiency in developing and delivering online surveys.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid IT skills, as well as – at minimum, advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and capability to manage many closing date.
- Committed, with the capability to get things done and a strong “end-product” orientation.
Added advantages and preferences
- A PhD in a field associated broadly to the food system will be an added benefit.
- Knowledge or understanding in advanced data science techniques and big data methodologies will be an additional advantage.
- Knowledge or understanding of mixed-methods research approaches will be an added benefit.
- Knowledge or understanding of monitoring and evaluation methodologies will be an additional benefit.
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Pretoria Selection Criteria:
To be Taken at (Country):
Number of Awards:
Benefits of Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Pretoria
The worth of the fellowship is ZAR 240,000 – ZAR 360, 000 each year (reliant on on experience) as a tax-free stipend. No profits or travel allowances are included in the worth of the fellowship.
Length of Award: 1 year with the possibility of extra time
How to Apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Pretoria
Candidates should make available the following before 4 December 2020:
- An application letter recounting their suitability for the fellowship
- Verified copies of academic transcripts and proof of having graduated with (or submitted for) the PhD degree
- A CV comprising any publications or research output
- An instance example of a written output – either an academic publication or technical report.
- The titles and contact data of three references.
Submissions will be acknowledged until the fellowship has been given. Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated. Shortlisted contenders will need to embark on an inbox skills assessment.
The University of Pretoria keeps the right to terminate unfinished applications, to effect changes to the conditions of the Fellowship and/or to make no awards at all.
Supplementary information can be obtained from, and applications submitted to Dr Melody Mentz-Coetzee via email at [email protected]
The full advert can be viewed here.
- It is imperative to go through all application prerequisite in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
- GOODLUCK for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Pretoria
Visit Award Webpage for Details on Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of Pretoria.