Plant Breeder at BUA Group
BUA Group is among the top Conglomerates in nigeria. The firm was founded in 1988. its focuses on Foods, iron & steel, agricultural, industrial chemicals & Infrastructure.
Job Title: Plant Breeder
Location: Lafiagi, Kwara
Role Overview & Responsibilities
- Undertake scientific research into plant and crop with the aim of improving sugarcane breeding techniques and developing new sugarcane varieties to improve plant performance.
- Set research aims and objectives and produce plans and budgets for such researches.
- Undertake researches for new methods of plant breeding for sugarcane and other crops in the project area.
- Supervise and undertake laboratory, glasshouse and field trials; analyse and interpret data to identify the best sugarcane varieties for the project area.
- Keep records of department breeding researches and findings, and present scientific findings.
- Keep up to date with developments related to sugarcane breeding, and writing technical publications and reports; participate in related conferences and seminars.
- Manage the technical staff in the breeding section and liaise with other plant breeders in the field.
- BSc in Agriculture Science or equivalent.
- Masters Degree (MSc) will be of added advantage.
- 15 years experience in plant breeding with a minimum of 10 years in Sugarcane breeding.
- Ability to plan and conduct research, carry out practical experimental work.
- Strong knowledge of plant breeding researches and experimental procedures.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] Please indicate the position in the subject of your application.
- Qualified candidates that meet the specified criteria for each role are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
15th October, 2019