Good news! Oppenheimer Scholarships at University of Oxford is currently open.The University of Oxford summonses applications for the 2021 Oppenheimer Fund Scholarships from scholars who have earlier studied at a South African university. Oppenheimer Scholarships at University of Oxford is full scholarship awards.
The Oppenheimer Fund creates small grants that are connected to other scholarship schemes such as Clarendon and Commonwealth, in order to offer complete scholarship awards. Scholarships are available for candidates to full or part-time master’s and DPhil courses, who have earlier studied at a South African university.
Oxford is a world-foremost centre of learning, teaching and research and the oldest university in the English-speaking world. There are 39 Oxford colleges, which are monetarily independent and self-governing, but relate to the central University in a kind of federal system. There are likewise six permanent private halls, which are alike to colleges except that they have a tendency to to be smaller, and were created by particular Christian denominations. The colleges and halls are neighboring academic societies, which bring together scholars and researchers from various disciplines, cultures and nations. This aids to nurture the exceptional research accomplishment that has made Oxford a leader in so many fields.
The colleges and the University work closely to organize teaching and research, and many staff at Oxford will hold both a college and a University post. If you are fascinated in undergraduate study at Oxford, please check our information on colleges for potential undergraduates.
The central University is made up of numerous different sections, including academic and administrative departments, libraries and museums.
There are roughly 100 major academic departments, which are overseen by the four academic divisions: Medical Sciences; Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences; Humanities and Social Sciences. Each department organizes teaching and research in a different subject area, from Anthropology to Zoology. There are also many smaller, specialist research centres and sub-departments. The Department for Continuing Education offers part-time, flexible courses and programs for adult learners. It provides further than 1,000 courses every year, as well as weekly classes, online courses, day, weekend and summer schools, undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, and continuing professional development courses.
Deadline: There is no different application procedure for this scholarship: to be considered, submit your application for graduate study by the appropriate January deadline for your course. Selection is expected to take place in July 2021.
Institution: University of Oxford
Level of Study: Master’s, PhD (DPhil)
Benefits of Oppenheimer Scholarships at University of Oxford
Tuition costs and a grant for accommodation and living expenses at the University of Oxford, UK.
Eligibility for Oppenheimer Scholarships at University of Oxford
- You should be applying to begin a fresh graduate course at Oxford and must have formerly studied at a South African university.
- Scholarships will be granted on the grounds of academic merit.
- Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course
- Oppenheimer Scholarships at University of Oxford is not open to applicants applying for postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma courses, part-time courses or non-matriculated courses.
- Oppenheimer Scholarships at University of Oxford is also not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2021-22.
- If your scholarship is offered for a course going further than a year, the continuation of your scholarship every year is dependent on a yearly renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
How to Apply for Oppenheimer Scholarships at University of Oxford
- There is no different application procedure for this scholarship: in order to be deliberated, you must submit your application for graduate study by the appropriate January deadline for your course.
- If you do not apply as explained above by the deadline, you will not be considered for this scholarship.
Click here for the official scholarship announcement on Oppenheimer Scholarships at University of Oxford.