Good news! Mobility Grant at University of Oldenburg is currently open for application.The University of Odenburg provide grants for studying abroad (so-called Mobility Grant or “Mobilitätszuschuss”). The award has to be utilized for additional costs as part of a study-related stay overseas. Mobility Grant at University of Oldenburgamounts to a maximum EUR 500 in total and will be split into two payments (EUR 250 a month) after the transmittal of the corresponding documents (invoices). Only one application per stay is allowed.
Applications for the Mobility Grant at University of Oldenburgare available two times a year. Applications are only accepted during the application period. The current application deadline is 15 April 2020.
Degree: BSc and MSc
Institution: University of Oldenburg
Application Deadline: For summer semesters (stays starting in the time period between 01/01 and 30/06), the deadline is April 15 and the first work day thereafter, respectively. For winter semesters (stays starting in the time period between 01/07 and 31/12), the deadline is September 15 and the first workday thereafter, respectively
Eligibility for Mobility Grant at University of Oldenburg
- All students (bachelor’s and master’s degree students) of the University of Oldenburg realizing a stay abroad (Internships, study courses and semesters, other occupations of academic relevance). Not eligible for applying: doctoral students, guest students
- Minimum time spent abroad: two weeks. Stays longer than four weeks will be treated with preference.
- The stay has to begin or end in the semester which the student is applying for (summer/ winter term).
We especially recommend applying for the Mobility Grant if your project cannot be funded by other support programmes (for example, if the duration of your stay is too short to be sponsored by Erasmus+; if the nation/ institution of choice cannot be supported by other programs).
Candidates have to check if the Mobility Grant can be joined with other funding programs. For instance, the “Fernweh-Grant” and the Mobility Grant CANNOT be combined, whereas the “PROMOS scholarship” and the Mobility Grant are compatible.
The Mobility Grant does not affect funding through “Auslands-BaföG“, because the maximal extra funding (300 EUR each month) is not exceeded.
Benefits of Mobility Grant at University of Oldenburg
The grant amounts to a maximum EUR 500 in total and will be split in two payments (EUR 250 a month) after the transmittal of the corresponding documents (invoices). Only one application per stay is allowed.
How to Apply for Mobility Grant at University of Oldenburg
The selection of recipients is done through a points system. Various categories are seen as crucial, which is articulated by the distribution of points. Categories are for example:
- the relevance of the stay (mandatory stays are more important)
- the duration
- the distance
- the grades (average score consistent with your transcript of records and the ECTS-statistics of your study program)
- voluntary work of the applicant.
Also, family commitments will be taken into account. Special attention is put on the average score, the significance and the duration of the planned stay overseas (these categories have greater weight in the points system). Detailed statements to the procedure can be found in the applicable regulations.
A student commission does the selection. In the case of a draw among two applications, the relevance of the stay is considered positive. Also, the circumstances named in the application form are considered in the decision, if the requested certifications are attached.
The commission will inform the applicants about its decisions as soon as possible.
Students can apply via Stud. IP. Choose “Campus”, then the tab “Scholarships”, then “Mobilitätszuschuss”.
For Mobility Grant at University of Oldenburgplease upload the following documents:
- Enrolment certificate
- Written confirmation of your planned stay (e.g. letter of acceptance, contract, certificate, enrolment certificate)
- Transcript of records (“Notenbescheinigung,” download in Stud.IP)
- Requested certificates for all the information given in the application form (volunteering work, etc.)
Recourse to the courts is not permitted.
Click Apply Now for Mobility Grant at University of Oldenburg.