Good news! Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxford is currently open. The University of Oxford summons applications for the Michael Wills Scholarships from candidates for the 2021/2022 academic session. They must be ordinarily resident in any of the below countries and be applying to any of the following full-time courses: MPhil Development Studies; MSc Economics for Development; MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy; MSc Migration Studies; and MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies.
The scholarships are financed through the backing of the Dulverton Trust and the Oxford Department of International Development. The Dulverton Trust wishes to support projects and individuals who can make a change in the world, with specific focus on social issues, the natural world and heritage. The Dulverton graduate scholarships at Oxford form share of that vision, empowering exceptional scholars to embark on world-leading education at Oxford University, with the aim of utilizing the know-how and understanding they gain to provide leadership in their home region after their studies.
Oxford has a distinctive collegiate structure. It has students and academics advantage from belonging to the University and an internationally well-known institution and, to a college or hall, a small, interdisciplinary academic community. There are 39 Oxford colleges, which are monetarily independent and self-governing, but relate to the central University in a type of federal system. There are also six permanent private halls, which are alike to colleges but that they have a tendency to to be smaller, and were founded by specific Christian denominations.
The colleges and the University work together to organize teaching and research, and many staff at Oxford will hold both a college and a University post. Admissions
- The undergraduate admissions process is co-ordinated by the University, but colleges are ultimately responsible for selecting and admitting their undergraduate students.
- The University admits graduate students, but once they have been offered a place by the University, graduate students are also selected by a college.
Facilities and resources
- Colleges provide housing, catering, social spaces, pastoral care and other facilities for their students.
- The University provides centralized student services, including careers and counseling, as well as resources such as libraries, laboratories and museums.
Deadline: apply for your course by therelevant January deadline and Selection is expected to take place by the end of May 2021.
Institution: University of Oxford
Benefits of Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxford
Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxfordcovers course fees and a grant for living costs. Grants are made for the whole period of your fee liability for the agreed course.
Eligibility for Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxford
- Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Qualified applicants who are normally resident in South Africa may also be considered.
- Candidates should aim to go back to their country of ordinary residence on completion of their studies.
- Favor will be given to students from nations that have experienced conflict in the relatively recent past, and to students who have not already studied in the UK or the USA.
How to Apply for Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxford
- Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxford is one that you will be considered for automatically if you fulfil the eligibility criteria and apply for your course by the relevant January deadline.
- You will be automatically considered for the scholarship as part of the standard admissions process, or contacted directly by the University and invited to apply.
- Check the Standard scholarship selection terms for further datails about the application and selection process.
Click here for more details and to apply for Michael Wills Scholarship at University of Oxford.