Good news! Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship at Oxford University is open.Oxford University invites suitably qualified international students who want to study in the field of Humanities to apply for the fully-funded Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarship program tenable at Oxford University in 2021/2022 academic year. The Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Program funds full-time graduate degrees in various subjects in the Humanities. Established in 2012, the program is supported by the generosity of Mica Ertegun.
As Ertegun Intellectuals, the world’s topmost graduate students in the Humanities are brought together in a distinctive setting that fosters dialogue across academic disciplines, across cultures and across generations. Ertegun Intellectuals will leave Oxford prepared to be leaders; not only leaders in their selected fields, but also leaders of global thought and view and leaders of progressive action for the improvement of humanity.
Institution: Oxford University
Closing date: In order to be selected for this grant, you must submit your application for graduate study by January 8, 2021
Value of Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship at Oxford University
- Full University and college fees and a grant for living expenses (at least £15,009), plus exclusive use of Ertegun House
- Funding is made for the complete period of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course. If your grant is presented for a course lasting beyond one year, the continuation of your scholarship every year is dependent to a yearly renewal process based on satisfactory academic development.
- Ertegun House – a completely modernized, non-residential 1808 building situated at the heart of Oxford’s academic community – provides an environment for study and camaraderie that is unique at Oxford and unparalleled in the world.
- Each Ertegun Scholar has his or her own devoted space for research and writing, opportunities to partake in social occasions and lively lectures, performances, and other events developed explicitly for the Ertegun Scholars, and access to Wi-Fi, on-line access to Oxford libraries and state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment.
- The Director of Ertegun House, an eminent member of the Oxford faculty, is available full-time as a mentor to the Ertegun Scholars and a resource to aid them make the most of their experiences at Oxford and at Ertegun House.
Eligibility for Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship at Oxford University
- Candidate should be applying to commence a new one- or two-year full-time Master’s degree or three-year full-time doctoral degree at Oxford.
- Applicant must be applying to commence a new full-time graduate course at Oxford.
- Applicant must be applying to a Humanities course within the following faculties:
Classics (including classical archaeology); English Language and Literature; Fine Art (DPhil in contemporary art history and theory only); History (including history of art and the history of architecture); Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics; Medieval and Modern Languages (covering most European languages and their literature); Music; Oriental Studies (including Far Eastern and Middle Eastern Studies, and the study of a wide range of languages); Philosophy; Theology and Religion; and the Film Aesthetics and Women’s Studies interdisciplinary courses.
- Grants will be given on the grounds of academic excellence and the additional criteria outlined on the Ertegun supporting statement form.
Processes to Apply for Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship at Oxford University
- To be chosen for Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship at Oxford University, you must choose ‘Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities’ in the University of Oxford scholarships section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the appropriate January deadline for your course.
- Candidate must also finish an Ertegun supporting statement (see Related documents on this page) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline.
- To be eligible for consideration for Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship at Oxford University, candidates must be successful in being offered a place on their course after deliberation of applications received by the appropriate January deadline for the course. Course applications which are done over after the January deadline to be re-evaluated against applications gotten by the March deadline, or course applications which have been put on a waiting list, are not qualified for scholarship consideration.
Click here for more details and to apply for Mica & Ahmet Ertegun International Scholarship at Oxford University.