Good news! Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University is currently open. Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University is accessible to overseas scholars from certain countries that are able to demonstrate outstanding academic results.
ECU aims to give outstanding students from around the world the opportunity to pursue their studies and gain a world-class education. Exceptional scholars from the following nations are qualified for the Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, El Salvador, Vanuatu, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Venezuela, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Comoros, Eritrea, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Libya, Macedonia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Israel, Jamaica, Mongolia, Montenegro, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Lebanon, Malawi, Madagascar, Mali, Nauru, Moldova, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Niger, Rwanda, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Swaziland, Mozambique, Tajikistan, Togo, Namibia, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Yemen, Uganda, and Zambia.
- Undergraduate studies in any field.
Eligibility for Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University
- Student must be from one of the eligible countries.
- Applicant should not be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen.
- Candidates have study onshore at Edith Cowan University Joondalup, Edith Cowan University Mount Lawley or Edith Cowan University South West (Bunbury) Campus.
- Not a beneficiary of a government scholarship award or industry sponsorship.
- Gain an offer of admission to attain a BSc program from 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2021.
- Applicants must have outstanding academic achievement in their previous studies (as determined by ECU).
- Fulfil ECU’s higher entry conditions and begin study in the program in 2021.
- Study an undergraduate degree excluding:
- o C33 – Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- o K89 – Bachelor of Science (Paramedical)
- o Y68 – Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- o Y76 – Bachelor of Science (Nursing)or Bachelor of Science (Midwifery)
- o Y42 – B.Ed (Early Childhood)
- o Y41 – Bachelor of Education (Primary)
Benefit of Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University
The Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University proposes a discount of 20% in the candidate tuition fees for the period of your course at Edith Cowan University.
- The receiver must remain to meet the eligibility prerequisites and these conditions at the time of applying and throughout their course.
- The recipient has to be in constant good standing educationally and financially.
- The beneficiary has to keep a full-time enrolment load of 60 credit points every study period and must not defer their education for over one study period during their program except if it’s plainly approved by ECU in its full discretion.
- The scholarship can’t be transferred to another course without ECU’s permission.
- It will be applied directly by ECU at the pertinent census date on a unit-by-unit basis.
- The commencement of the scholarship can’t be deferred.
- The recipient must pay their tuition fees within the payment prescribed deadline.
- The recipient may lose their scholarship if they receive a government scholarship, industry sponsorship, or another ECU scholarship during the period of the scholarship.
- The beneficiary has to respect all applicable conditions under ECU’s laws, by-laws, policies, rules, processes or other similar instruments, and with all applicable visa conditions.
- The applicants are expected to alert ECU of any change of circumstances that may affect their ongoing eligibility to gain the scholarship award.
Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University – How to Apply
No separate scholarship application is required. If the candidate’s ECU course application is accepted, he/she will directly be evaluated for this scholarship by the ECU Admissions Office.
The application for an ECU course can be done online via the ECU Online application portal or through one of the ECU’s Authorized Agents.
Here is official Scholarship Website for Merit Scholarship at Edith Cowan University.