KAIST University Graduate Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students all over the globe. KAIST University Graduate Scholarshipis offered for masters and PhD studies. KAIST University Graduate Scholarship will cover full tuition fee covered, a monthly allowance up to 400,000 KRW and medical health insurance fees. KAIST is a Well-known foremost institution of higher education in Asia and known by MIT of Asia. It was founded by the Korean government in 1971 as the country’s first research-oriented science and engineering institution. The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) provide the KAIST International Student Scholarship for undergraduate and graduate foreign scholars.
The university aimed not only to coach young researchers in science and engineering, but also to offer a solid basis for the development of future higher education institutions in Korea. Its structure was made by a foreign team, which included the American electrical engineer and vice-president of Stanford University Frederick Emmons Terman. Unlike other public institutions in South Korea, KAIST has liberty to make decision on its entry requirements and course structure, which gives the university a special status.
Deadline: September 18, 2020
Institution(s): KAIST University
Level of Study: Masters / PhD
Study in: South Korea
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
College of Life Science & Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
College of Business
- Business and Technology Management
Depends on the chosen program:
- Doctoral Degree Program: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- Master’s Degree Program: 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
Benefits of KAIST University Graduate Scholarship
KAIST University Graduate Scholarshipprovides the beneficiary with the following benefits:
- A Complete Scholarship ( All costs are covered by the program )
- Complete Tuition Fee Covered.
- Every Month Stipend of 350,000 KRW for Master’s Course.
- Every Month Stipend of 400,000 KRW for Doctoral Degree.
- Medical Health Insurance payments are supported by the beneficiary’s advisor/department.
- The candidate must pay the application fee is USD 80 or KRW 80,000. Payment can be done by credit card or bank transfer after writing application form online. Additional charges (i.e. bank charges) should be covered by the applicants. Please note that application fee is non-refundable and you cannot modify application form once you pay the fee.
Eligibility for KAIST University Graduate Scholarship
To qualify for KAIST University Graduate Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- RequiredLanguage:English. IELTS/TOFEL or English proficiency certificate from university.
- EligibleCountries: All world countries. Candidates who have Korean Citizenship(dual citizenship) are NOT qualified to apply as international students
- For masters scholarship, applicants have or or expect to have a bachelor’s degree before enrollment at KAIST.
- For doctoral scholarship, applicants have or expect to have a bachelor’s and master’s degree before enrollment at KAIST
How to Apply for KAIST University Graduate Scholarship
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for KAIST University Graduate Scholarship.
(1) Complete the online application form with the required details.
(2) Upload those documents online
- High School Profile
- High school / University Transcript
- English Proficiency Test Report
- Standardized Official Test Score Report
- Passport or National ID Copy
- Statement of Financial Resources
- Honors and Awards (Optional)
- One recommendation letter
(3) Submit your application
Currently, KAIST has a rich academic portfolio in fields such as physics, mathematics, engineering, humanities and social sciences, business and management. The programs are delivered by 6 colleges and 2 schools, with more than 33 divisions. KAIST’s unique institutes include the National NanoFab Center, which oversees research into nano-devices and their potential applications.
To inquire further about KAIST University Graduate Scholarship, please visit Official Website.