Good news! Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship is currently open. Application submissions are on for 2020 for young African graduates. The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship provides you the self-confidence, means, knowledge, network, and financial support to build a startup with an impact. Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship is for African students and recent grads with a desire to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2020
The proven winning formula:
- Join students and latest grads with a readiness to learn, take risks, and obligate themselves fully
- With best-in-class entrepreneurship training from the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre.
- The result? Leaders with the exceptional entrepreneurial skillset and mindset to drive social and financial impact.
Fitness for Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship
For African students and recent grads with a desire to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Online
Number of Awards: Numerous
Advantages of Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship
- Business bootcamp delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience
- The Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Pitch coaching and mastery
- Certificate awarded for 100% completion of DDQIC’s essential entrepreneurship training modules
Global Visibility and Network:
- Liaise with mentors and speakers leading innovation and entrepreneurship in North America
- Reach a Global Network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni
- Join a cohort of thousands of like-minded students and recent grads from across Africa
- Fellows are matched to industry leaders and entrepreneurs in the final phase of the program
- Receive feedback at important startup milestones
- 15 Fellows will receive a stipend of $500 CAD
- Chances to pitch for backing in Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre seed funding competitions
Time interval of Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship:
Stage 1: Explore – December 2020-February 2021
1000 exceptional candidates receive access to a curated list of online entrepreneurship courses and work through the first 11 steps of the Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework workbook. Applicants have some months to show their commitment to the entrepreneurial process by finishing the training and progressing on their ideas’ respective landmarks.
Stage 2: Ignite – February-April 2021
Thirty frontrunners with an exceptional dedication to the entrepreneurship procedure, who will have excelled at the milestones set out in phase one will be selected to join this phase. Under this phase, they will continue to go through an additional curated list of additional online entrepreneurship courses and work through the remaining steps of the Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework’s workbook. At the end of this phase, the participants will pitch their ideas, competing for the fellowship, and the most advanced and promising business ideas will become the finalists who receive the fellowship.
Stage 3: Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship – April-August 2021
Fifteen individuals will be picked to join DDQIC’s summer incubation program. Throughout this stage, individuals will get the chance to work on their ideas, access seed funding, and participate in weekly 3-2-1 pitch presentations about the work they are doing as they transform their ideas into scalable startups. In addition, Fellows will receive a $500 stipend and dedicated coaches and mentors from DDQIC’s Global Network of industry experts and entrepreneurs.
Graduation – August 2021
Startup entrepreneurs (Fellows) will complete their incubation program at the end of August 2021. After graduation, Fellows will continue to receive post-incubation services, supports, and pitch competition opportunities as part of DDQIC’s network. Fellows will be invited to participate as ambassadors and mentors for future Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowships as well.
Processes to Apply for Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship
- It is imperative to go through all application prerequisite in the Award Webpage (check Link below) before applying.
- All the best to you as you apply for Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship
See Award official webpage for further information on Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship