Good news! IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders is very open. The program is directed by the London School of Hygiene and tropical medicine that intends to deliver emerging leaders in agriculture, nutrition, and health research.
The IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders proposes to motivate the growth of interdisciplinary and pioneering method, metric tools to improve the scientific understanding of the connection between agriculture, nutrition outcomes, food network, and health to support policy resolutions making that will progress nutrition outcomes in low and middle-income countries.
This workstream of the IMMANA program is managed by the Gerald J. and Tufts University’s Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy. It comprises of yearly rounds of 6 Fellowship awards every year.
In all annual round, IMMANA will award six 12-month post-doctoral Fellowship awards to emerging leaders who are applying and/or authenticating new methodological methods with mentors in current research programs in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The Fellowship encompasses a research allowance, a travel fee, and an grant for each of the mentors.
Qualified candidates have finished a doctoral degree in any field linked to agriculture, nutrition or health research and practice.
Associates do their research in Africa or Asia beneath the collective guidance of two mentors, one from the applicant’s present or previous employer or academic institution, and one from a host institution where the applicant intends to progress their work.
Fellows are chosen via a competitive method by the Independent Panel of Experts. The assessment procedure is also directed by the IMMANA Steering Committee, comprised of fellows from FCDO, UKRI, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID and CGIAR’s A4NH program.
Benefits of IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders
For the IMMANA stage 2 grants, there will be two funding sequences. Up to 16 awards will be granted through a competitive selection procedure, 8 awards for each round and every award will be a maximum of £250,000.
Eligibility for IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders
- Candidates are expected to be able to head research in foreign standards of excellence in the recommended topics.
- The recommended topics are intended to create ground-breaking and superior methods, tools, and metrics that can be employed in the medium-short term for advancing the input of agriculture and food system in the nutrition and health in nations with low and middle-income.
Steps to Apply for IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders
Every submission will be subjected to an evaluation by the IMMANA management group and the Chair of the Independent Panel of Experts on the grounds of the following conditions:
- Scientific originality and excellence
- Collaborative approaches
- Amelioration relevance
- Translational value
Afterwards, those who accomplish these conditions and who are nominated will be requested to provide a comprehensive proposal that will be put through the equal conditions. The Independent Panel of Expert will evaluate the comprehensive proposals and the peer-review reports and authorize submissions for funding.
To be considered for the IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders, all applicants have to provide a full Application. Applicant should not eager to receive response on their whole Application before notification of selection. Please click here for the application portal! Details are obtainable in the Call for Applications.
- Concept notes have to be submitted by 31 December 2020. Applicants are welcome and pleaded to provide a concept note to confirm worthiness and get valued feedback, however it is not compulsory in order to submit a complete proposal. Response on concept notes will be sent on a rolling basis before 15 January 2021.
- Complete proposals are expected to be submitted by 1 February 2021.
- Chosen candidates will be informed no later than 16 April 2021.
- Fellows commence their Fellowship programs around 1 June and 1 December 2021.
Check the official website for additional information:
Here is the Official Scholarship Website for IMMANA Fellowships for Emerging Leaders.