The Humphrey Fellowship is in collaboration with the United State government to provide Scholarship Awards for talented and outstanding students. The Full scholarship program seeks to accept applications from experienced and eligible professional students into the Full Humphrey Fellowship Scholarship Awards Program 2021/2022.
- 1 About the Full Humphrey Fellowship Scholarship Awards Program 2021/2022
About the Full Humphrey Fellowship Scholarship Awards Program 2021/2022
The Full Humphrey Fellowship Scholarship Awards Program is exclusively open for for experienced professionals interested in heightening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellow’s home countries.
Scholars are placed at one of the taking parts in USA universities. Students cannot choose which university they will attend. Instead, they are assigned in different groups of 7-15 to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers val opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. The eligible program fields are:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- The teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning.
Number of scholarship Available
There are about 200 awards available for the Fellowship.
Humphrey Fellowship Program Target Group
Students of eligible countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere.
The Fellowship provides for payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Eligibility for the Humphrey Fellowship Program
The applicant must have:
An undergraduate (first university) degree,
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the USA.
- Showed leadership qualities,
- A record of public service in the community, and
- English language ability
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible specific program requirements (link found below).
Application Procedure for the Humphrey Fellowship Program
Application deadlines vary by country but fall around May to September each year. The nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission will advise you of its internal deadline for receiving applications. Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by 1 October.
Please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your country for more information about application procedures.
It is important to read the FAQs and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application is open for the whole of September
I hope you find this article useful, please share using the share button