Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships (HFSP) invites applications from international students who want to pursue postdoctoral research. Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide a living allowance as well as a research and travel allowance. Reliant on their precise situation fellows may also be eligible to get a child allowance, a parental leave allowance, and a relocation allowance.
Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships supports proposals for frontier, potentially transformative research in the life sciences. Applications for high-risk projects are particularly encouraged. The projects should be interdisciplinary in nature and should dare existing paradigms by using novel methods and techniques. Scientifically, they should address a vital problem or obstruction to progress in the field. Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships inspire young-career scientists to widen their research skills by moving into new fields of study while working in a new country.
An International Scientists Committee, which had commenced work in the year 1987, gave additional shape to the Program, defining its organization and the specifics of its program activities, research areas and selection processes. Intergovernmental conferences were held in June and July 1989 in Tokyo and Berlin, respectively, which led to endorsement of the plan by the participating governments. It was decided to implement the HFSP for an initial experimental stage of 3 years.
Deadline: August 27, 2020
Institution(s): Human Frontier Science Program
Level of Study: Postdoctoral
Study in: List of Host Countries is given below
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus (EU part), the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, the Republic of Korea, the Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
- Computer sciences
Benefits of Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships
Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships will offer a housing stipend and a research and travel stipend. Liable on their precise position fellows may also qualify to receive a child allowance, a parental leave stipend, and a relocation allowance.
Eligibility for Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships
To qualify for Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- RequiredLanguage: English.
- EligibleCountries: All world countries
- Applicants must offer to work in a nation dissimilar from the one where they did their previous Ph.D. work or first post-doctoral studies. For those institutions that are not classified as national, i.e. foreign or extraterritorial institutions such as EMBL, ICPT or ICGEB, the nation in which the laboratory is situated will be considered the host country.
- A research doctorate (Ph.D.) or a doctoral-level degree comparable to a Ph.D. with equivalent experience in basic research (e.g. a research-based MD or medical Ph.D.) must be conferred by the start of the fellowship but is not obligatory at the time of submission.
- Candidates must possess minimum of one lead author, complete-length research paper – either acknowledged for publication, in the press or published – in an international peer-reviewed journal or published on a preprint server.
- Only papers written in English are taken into account. Review articles and patents are not taken into account.
- Electronic copies of lead author works/publications must be uploaded while getting ready the application. They cannot be uploaded after the candidate has submitted.
How to Apply for Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- Before submitting an application, please check with your proposed host institution whether it is willing to accept an HFSP award.
- Applications must be submitted via the HFSPO website, which will open in 1st July 2020 at https://extranet.hfsp.org.
- Applicants may update their publication list via the HFSPO website until August 27, 2020.
To know further concerning Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships, please visit Official Website